• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDC case def

SaveMe

Other Commonly Observed Symptoms in CFS
abdominal pain
alcohol intolerance
bloating
chest pain
chronic cough
diarrhea
dizziness
dry eyes or mouth
earaches
irregular heartbeat
jaw pain
morning stiffness
nausea
night sweats
psychological problems (depression, irritability, anxiety, panic attacks)
shortness of breath
skin sensations, such as tingling
weight loss

when you see all of this as a doc, it will be overwhelming, which is why I believe more extensive testing should be done on CFS patients. Some of these more common ones reported could be from medications. CDC seems to be leaving out "sensitivities"---Also, these are so vague, "coughing, nausea,earaches, dry eyes" that they could be linked to nearly everything. More sensitive testing needed....

taniaaust1

I personally think the huge symptom range should make it easier for doctors to diagnose CFS/ME as after all, not many illness affect so many different areas like CFS/ME does. The CDC does list various symptoms but also says there may be more then what is on their list so they recognise their list isnt complete.

I myself have gotten 90 different symptoms with this illness and I know there are many others at this site with the same symptom range as me so that many symptoms isnt abnormal in this illness.

There isnt just symptoms thou, there are many findings in CFS/ME which can be properly tested for and may be found if looked for. (They just arent used for diagnoses as they are non specific findings eg may be found in some other illnesses too)

SaveMe

I personally think the huge symptom range should make it easier for doctors to diagnose CFS/ME as after all, not many illness affect so many different areas like CFS/ME does. The CDC does list various symptoms but also says there may be more then what is on their list so they recognise their list isnt complete.

I myself have gotten 90 different symptoms with this illness and I know there are many others at this site with the same symptom range as me so that many symptoms isnt abnormal in this illness.

There isnt just symptoms thou, there are many findings in CFS/ME which can be properly tested for and may be found if looked for. (They just arent used for diagnoses as they are non specific findings eg may be found in some other illnesses too)

they havent updated their site in months, why justify an organization who's sole mission is to deny and slow down CFS/ME research?

SaveMe

ok i exaggerated by saying "sole mission" but CDC created the vague names CFS chronic fatigue---almost every chronic illness involves chronic fatigue, its like calling diabetes the chonic peeing syndrome. Yes, they pee alot, but the disease covers so much more. And in my opinion FM=CFS its a cover up. both of unkown origin, both unexplainable,both linked to injury/virus onset, symptoms overlap, xmrv + for both according to WPI, many FMers have debilitating fatigue--the media just likes to focus on pain. the 3 fda approved meds tackle the symptoms, not the mechanisms.

They invested 4mil on this in 2010, that doesnt cover shit. they are spending more on hay fever than CFS. please do the research.

Wonko

there's a lot of things wrong with your last para but rather than ignore you (as that would be impolite and I'm bored)
1. yes, obviously I work for the CDC, as does everyone else, everywhere, who doesnt have exactly the same opinions as you.
2. thats not what money is for but if you choose to use it that way and its not working with that amount then use smaller bills or eat less.
3. well yes - more people have hayfever than have CFS and this, and lobbying, is part of how funding is allocated. plus they really dont like us much - why give money to people you dont like?
4. defending the CDC? where? which words specifically?
5. "the very institution that got most of us sick"? - news to me - please explain, with references.

btw I'm from the UK - $4 million is about 30 times what the UK government spent on ME research last year.

ok i exaggerated by saying "sole mission" but CDC created the vague names CFS chronic fatigue---almost every chronic illness involves chronic fatigue, its like calling diabetes the chonic peeing syndrome. Yes, they pee alot, but the disease covers so much more. And in my opinion FM=CFS its a cover up. both of unkown origin, both unexplainable,both linked to injury/virus onset, symptoms overlap, xmrv + for both according to WPI, many FMers have debilitating fatigue--the media just likes to focus on pain. the 3 fda approved meds tackle the symptoms, not the mechanisms.

Do you work for the CDC? They invested 4mil on this in 2010, that doesnt cover shit. they are spending more on hay fever than CFS. look at the facts and stop defending the very institution that got most of us sick

Wow, you were doing so well until until the last paragraph. in-fighting isn't warranted here , and isn't helpful to our goal. please think.

SaveMe

Wow, you were doing so well until until the last paragraph. in-fighting isn't warranted here , and isn't helpful to our goal. please think.

I apologize for my poor attitude. I deleted what i found to be offensive. wont happen again.

SaveMe

there's a lot of things wrong with your last para but rather than ignore you (as that would be impolite and I'm bored)
1. yes, obviously I work for the CDC, as does everyone else, everywhere, who doesnt have exactly the same opinions as you.
2. thats not what money is for but if you choose to use it that way and its not working with that amount then use smaller bills or eat less.
3. well yes - more people have hayfever than have CFS and this, and lobbying, is part of how funding is allocated. plus they really dont like us much - why give money to people you dont like?
4. defending the CDC? where? which words specifically?
5. "the very institution that got most of us sick"? - news to me - please explain, with references.

btw I'm from the UK - $4 million is about 30 times what the UK government spent on ME research last year.

Wonka,
I aplogize if I came off harsh--we are all in this boat together.
To answer your Qs
3. hay fever doesnt need any more funding---> the problem is solved and treatment is readily available.
It doesnt matter if more people are affected with allergic rhinitis. The funding is not spread out proportionally in relation to severity of illness.

Next 4. There were multiple reports of Guillain-Barr syndrome (GBS), a paralyzing neuromuscular disorder, affecting some people who had received swine flu immunizations. One of the causes of this syndrome could be a rare side-effect of modern influenza vaccines, with an incidence of about one case per million vaccinations.[11]
Overall, about 500 cases of GBS, resulting in death from severe pulmonary complications for 25 people, were probably caused by an immunopathological reaction to the 1976 vaccine.Other influenza vaccines have not been linked to GBS, though caution is advised for certain individuals, particularly those with a history of GBS.[12][13]

According to Harvey Fineberg and Richard Neustadt, authors of The Swine Flu Affair, the risk of developing GBS was roughly 11 times greater with vaccination than without, though still a remote risk, affecting approximately 1 in 105,000 individuals.[1]

Why isnt swine flu all over the news now? Because it was never a pandemic, never a threat.
Why did it take a long time for Merck to remove thimerosal in vaccines?
Theres a pattern. I hope you can see it.