• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can't stand upright without coughing and retching

Shell

I've started something that won't stop. Last night I crawled upstairs too quickly- because I'm a right eejit and didn't want to be seen by my 10 year old son! - got to the top of the stairs and stood up. Couldn't catch my breath, heart doing a dicky-fit and I ended up coughing and retching for ages over the loo. Lovely.
Today I've found I can't stand up straight without setting off the cough-retch drama.
Walking around bent over which is some control over it- but - well, it's not ideal.
Anyone have any ideas PLEASE!

Shell

Thanks both. I think bronch spasm could be it. Managed to stand up this morning - just have to be very careful and slow. I so love this illness- always trying something new on me.:eek:

lch1

A New Day, Every Day!
I have just caught a lovely bronchitis (viral) from visiting a good friend. I have been coughing for over 2 weeks and was taking all kinds of OTC cold and cough medication (you can only guess....mus.., alka....robit....etc.) I woke up yesterday and realized that none of it was working, but it was filling me with chemicals that were interfering with my OWN immune response (that is kind of slow as I am MTHFR, homozygous C677T). So, I stopped it all yesterday! I use saline solution in the nasal passages, colloidal silver Argentyn 23 mouth/throat wash (spit it out), sipping apple cider vinegar dilute all day, water water water every 30 minutes, 5 drops of liquid zeolite each day (to rid myself of all the chemicals from the cold medicines), and 1-2 aspirin. I feel much better, my facial swelling went down (I looked like I had moon face). and I think I'm healing naturally. Mind you, if I had a fever, I might go a different route, but my point is this: I think these OTC cough/cold medicines have chemicals that are not good for us, so try to do without them. Vicks is also not good, avoid it.