• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can't I take any medicine for Tachycardia?

kangaSue

Yes but my main problem is low blood pressure due to blood vessels dilation, yes I see Cardiologist
The problem can be inappropriate vasodilation/vasoconstriction response rather than just low blood pressure per se. As an example, I have Restricted Autonomic Neuropathy with a low blood pressure problem but vasodilating nitrate meds which I take for intestinal ischemia which would typically lowers blood pressure actually raises mine.

I don't have ME/CFS but there are a number of people here that have improved b.p with taking nitrates or just nitric oxide boosting supplements.

Jenny TipsforME

I have the same issue with bisoprolol so take just 2.5mg of that but also 10mg of Ivabradine because this doesn't reduce blood pressure AND it lowers heart rate proportionally more when standing. My POTS is still quite bad but it's terrible without the Meds.

I do get eye related symptoms. Not taking medication I get like visual pulsing in time with heart beat. On ivabradine I get some visual side effects but this has calmed down (this is a bad interaction with ME light sensitivity as contrast seems to be increased). Either way I often feel pressure in my eyes, got it now.