• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Candex Sibo

ruben

Thought I'd mention this. I do have significant gut problems with my ME/CFS. Symptoms being bloatedness, nausea and appetite not what it should be. Don't have pain though. Anyway my bloatedness had been pretty horrendous in recently. Had a supplement in the cupboard called "Candex SIBO". So I must have tried this in the past when I was at a better level and noticed nothing. So stopped taking it. So in desperation in the last couple of days gave it another go. And my bloatedness has been much better. Did notice though on the container its 5 months past the "best before" date.

vision blue

you could try the blood test for ethanol? I think abnormal fermentation of carbs (by eg candida) that produces those symptoms sonetimes leads to producrion of etqnol which us picked up in blood acter glucose ingestion. Another market is on the amino acid urine test, apparently but was done in 1994 and havent seen a replication.