• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can Someone Explain Epinephrine Place in Adrenal-Pituitary Axis?

cman89

Nail, meet head. I suspect I always had some kind of minor adrenal issue, but it really was minor most of my life (I'm not a member of the, I had a flu and from then on... patient subgroup.)

I wish I could recommend a doctor who's actually fully versed in this sort of thing, but I've got nothin'. Just idea-wise, I might look for a doctor who specializes in the genetics of metabolic illness, but that's still a crap-shoot. Most of us here are in the same boat - consulting with an expert when we can, but essentially figuring things out on our own.

This is not fair, or right, but it is the situation as I see it right now.

Earlier, you said that what we really need is a doctor who can spend hours upon hours on our case, and I agree. It's what is needed, but as you said, it's not what we're going to get unless we're far wealthier than the average citizen. We can spend hours and hours on our own cases and, if we're lucky, find a doc willing to listen to our findings for a half an hour or even an hour, and help us make decisions.

I was lucky enough to find a GP like this. She said, "I will work very hard for you, but I do not think I will catch this fish." Then she suggested that I keep researching, and I might be able to 'catch' it. It seems like someone willing to listen to you and work with you is the holy grail in this mess.

-J
How did you find such a holy grail doc?