• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can Rituximab work in patients with no known autoimmunity?

Gingergrrl

I am having 5 hour long rituxan infusion this week and the second in two weeks. Next infususions scheduled for September.

Do you know why there would be a six month interval between your second and third dose? What I am in the middle of (the autoimmune protocol) has a three month interval between all doses (except for the first two which are given two weeks apart like you will be doing). I am afraid by six months, your B cell will already be growing back. Is the goal to keep your B cells at zero?

Also, and I do not know if this pertains to you, but I do the Ritux infusions over an 8-9 hour period to be extra safe re: potential allergic reactions, to avoid fluid overload, etc. So far, I have not had any problems and just wanted to mention it (although most people would do just fine with a five hour infusion speed and I am abnormal in this way).

Do you know why there would be a six month interval between your second and third dose? What I am in the middle of (the autoimmune protocol) has a three month interval between all doses (except for the first two which are given two weeks apart like you will be doing). I am afraid by six months, your B cell will already be growing back. Is the goal to keep your B cells at zero?

Also, and I do not know if this pertains to you, but I do the Ritux infusions over an 8-9 hour period to be extra safe re: potential allergic reactions, to avoid fluid overload, etc. So far, I have not had any problems and just wanted to mention it (although most people would do just fine with a five hour infusion speed and I am abnormal in this way).
Not sure. Just the protocol my Doc uses for RA which he feels comfortable with I guess. The goal is not to take B cells to zero but to reduce the count at a certain stage of development. Obviously we are going to monitor everything over the next few months. Even if it only works on the immune system and I can get off of steroids I will be pleased. As for the fatigue fingers crossed.

We don't have many docs in MOntana who even subscribe to ME/CFS as real or at least will dare broach the subject. I do have a PC DC who about to retire who does believe us.

My infusion was delayed today because they caught a potential allergy problem with methyprednisolone used in the pre infusion protocol and the doc was not in town to make the changes.

Thanks for your input Btw.