• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anyone recommend an online pharmacy that sells Famvir and/or Valtrex?

orion

Hi,

Can anyone here recommend a reputable online pharmacy that sells Famvir and/or Valtrex without needing a prescription? I live in the UK.

Unfortunately, obtaining the drugs through the normal channels with a doctor's prescription is not really an option for me as my relationship with the doctors at my local GPs practice has deteriorated to the point where I effectively don't have a doctor any more. I also haven't got the time, patience, or money to go doctor shopping.

From what I've been reading here, Famvir appears to be the more effective drug of the two. However, if Famvir turns out to be too expensive and/or difficult to obtain without a prescription then I might try Valtrex instead. But Famvir would be my first choice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
www.4rx.com is where i have order both antivirals with no problems, they are an indian company and seem to work as the famvir has lowered my viral load, i just mention this as people as skeptical of some pharmacies selling fake stuff, there stuff is generic though. I have ordered other stuff that definately works. I have also used magicpharma as well for other meds and they were fine but i think i found their avs abit more expensive.

cheers!!!

SaveMe

dont buy online, you could be getting dangerous poison, or even worse......contaminated toilet water ...ewww

heapsreal

the toilet water has lowered my viral load. There are checks that u can do on these pharmacies, google the name of pharmacy and review, try to find a neutral reviewer. They all have good and bad reviews but you can see that some are alot worse then others and you should be able to find out when the pharmacy started business etc. My understanding is the Nigerian pharmacies are the ones not to trust. I havent had a problem with indian pharmacies, but actually had problems with a so called legit canadian pharmacy with good reviews and approved by the national pharmacy association. Peoples experience from here i feel can be quite trustworthy. The meds i have ordered from 4rx have all worked, they dont promote themselves as selling brand name products and then rip you off with generic, they tell you they sell generics. Another thing i think to watch out for is if they sell controlled meds like benzos and narcotics, besides being caught importing this stuff, i think these places are usually well over priced and wanting to make a quick buck. So its a matter of doing your research.

cheers!!!

orion

dont buy online, you could be getting dangerous poison, or even worse......contaminated toilet water ...ewww

I agree that it's hardly ideal but I simply don't have a choice.

The (mostly self-serving) control-freakery of the medical profession has backed me into a corner. Trust me, if I had the option to obtain Famvir locally through normal channels without needing a prescription I wouldn't hesitate to do so. I'm even prepared to pay a bit more for the drug if it means I get better quality control and consumer protection.

It never ceases to amaze me that in a so called free-society, a mentally competent adult needs a doctor's permission to try anything stronger than an aspirin. And what's even more astonishing is that the prescription system rarely gets challenged. I guess that people don't really care aboout the issue until they become ill, and by then it's too late.

orion

ukxmrv & heapsreal,

Thanks for the links. 4rx seems to be the slightly cheaper of the two companies, although their prices are still at the upper limit of what I can afford if I decide to take the drug long term. What would you say is the minimum time period and dosage I'd need to try in order to be sure whether the drug is having an effect or not? I don't really want to take the drug for say a year, and then conclude that it doesn't work.

I also notice that, for some reason, the 500mg tablets are significantly cheaper. I presume there's nothing to stop me buying 500mg tablets and then cutting them in two?

heapsreal

I use the 500mg tabs and cut them in half, so i take 250mg twice a day. Also if u buy something really cheap from 4rx first then u get a discount on your next order and after 3-4 orders u get 15% discount or 30% more pills, so the longer your on it the cheaper it will get for you. I normally go for the 30% more pills. If you need to use a higher dose but price is holding you back, theres a gout medication called probenecid, now its used by some docs as it slows the renal excretion of some drugs, thus increasing the blood levels and half life of certain medications. It is commonly used with antibiotics and will also work with antivirals, its a cheap med, but google up on it and see if any other meds you are on interact with probenecid if you try it, generally it is quite a safe drug. My doc advised me to only use 1x500mg probenecid tab in the morning with famvir and the other famvir by itself at night as it can increase blood levels of some sleeping tablets if taken at night. I dont use it any more and find 250mg twice a day enough for my viral infections. Give it a good 3 months at 250mg twice a day before you make a judgement on how its working for you.

good luck, if u have any other questions, PM if u like.

cheers!!!

Vojta

I can also recommend www.4rx.com. I ordered Valtrex there but unfortunately custom office in the Czech Republic refused to give it to me. The bastards sent it back. 4rx.com phramacy was very polite and they refund my money back.

However it's hell here. Doctors don't want to prescribe anything because of insurance companies but system forbid you to buy medications yourself. They probably want me to be sick for the rest of my life.

heapsreal

would a doc there give u a script for it as its one of the cheapest places i have seen for av's like valtrex or famvir. Customs are funny, australia are known to be very strict but i have never had a problem with 4rx getting picked up, but they always open up supplement orders like iherbs.com and the buggers nabbed my kava extract, even though i can get it here for twice the price and half the quantity, so its 4 times cheaper overseas then here. We need a free world thats free for all. Im sure australia is really a communist country as they try to control everything here.

cheers!!!

ukxmrv

Orion, I only responded to the Valtex at 1000mg dosage each day in one go. The 500 mgs taken either as a single one each day or even one two times a day did nothing for me.

The effects were obvious in the first week. The burning sensation all night in my legs began to go away.

I also tried 4rx but they didn't supply Cipla (although that was on their website). The other generic brand didn't work. I had to wait until Cipla came back into stock with them. Magic pharma is more expensive though.

Thanks Orion for posting this question .... I couldn't have asked it better myself!

I want this info too on cheaper sources for these 2 drugs (am also in the UK) and I'm going to use these suggestions to order my supplies! :eek:)

orion

Also if u buy something really cheap from 4rx first then u get a discount on your next order and after 3-4 orders u get 15% discount or 30% more pills, so the longer your on it the cheaper it will get for you.
cheers!!!

Thanks. That's worth knowing. When I ordered some Cycloferon from www.drugspro.org recently they gave me a generic discount code (which was 'DRUGS' if anyone's interested). As far as I know this code can be used as many times as you want.

Do 4rx use a similar system? If they do then can you give their code?

Thanks.

orion

Orion, I only responded to the Valtex at 1000mg dosage each day in one go. The 500 mgs taken either as a single one each day or even one two times a day did nothing for me.

The effects were obvious in the first week. The burning sensation all night in my legs began to go away.

Interesting. I've always got the impression from others here that antivirals only have a long term effect against ME (assuming they work at all).

orion

I can also recommend www.4rx.com. I ordered Valtrex there but unfortunately custom office in the Czech Republic refused to give it to me. The bastards sent it back. 4rx.com phramacy was very polite and they refund my money back.

However it's hell here. Doctors don't want to prescribe anything because of insurance companies but system forbid you to buy medications yourself. They probably want me to be sick for the rest of my life.

That's unfortunate. Do customs in your country have an appeals process?

As far as I'm aware, here in the UK it's actually perfectly legal to import prescription drugs as long as the drug in question is not a controlled substance like a narcotic. I assumed that all countries in the EU had roughly similar customs laws.

All of our legislation regarding prescriptions is centered around the seller. So whilst it's illegal for a chemist to sell drugs without a doctor's prescription, it's not illegal for a patient to purchase them. This has lead to an interesting loophole when patients order drugs from abroad. The seller hasn't committed an offence because he/she is outside the UK's jurisdiction and the buyer can legally purchase the drugs anyway. It's a good example of where the law has failed to keep up with the internet.

Also UK customs are under-resourced which works to our advantage. I read somewhere that they only open about 1/3 of the packages that come into the UK and based on my own experiences I'm guessing the actual figure is even lower.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Orion I order so many supplements that the third they open are probably all mine:) I get away with about 10% thats all, must have a drug dealers post code......... Good luck to everyone on the AVs love to hear stuff is working.

paddygirl

Hi Orion,

I recently went to see Dr Wood in Seattle. Some of his talks in relation to FM are on the Offerutah site.

Where I live is a dead end for medical science so I made the trek.

He recommended two sites to buy his recommendations, neither of which he has any interest in. They are allstarhealth.com and vitacost.com. Still recovering from the trip so haven't had a look to see what they sell beyond what he recommends.

Hope it helps.

Ps Same deal here re prices etc. Many Irish buy their meds in Spain for sometimes 10% of our prices while soaking up the sun:cool: And getting their vitamin D.

Paddy

orion

Hi Orion,
Ps Same deal here re prices etc. Many Irish buy their meds in Spain for sometimes 10% of our prices while soaking up the sun:cool: And getting their vitamin D.

Paddy

Do you still need a prescription if you buy in Spain?

paddygirl

I've heard people say they got some things OTC there that are prescription here, but how that works for individual meds I don't know...the Irish love to talk about how expensive life is here so the price seems to be the focal point.

Paddy