• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anyone help with self massage of neck instructions?

vision blue

Encouraged a bit by the accident where flaring up and re-injuring my neck and shoulders led, after the bad nerve pain, to a quieting down of my excess adreniline, i was wondering if anyone knows a site or a video where i can learn to try to maybe massage or accupressure those areas? i feel like now a few weeks later the adreniline might be rising again (e.g. doc visits still throw me out of calm very fast) and maybe want to try that.

its' really the only thing that has showed any sign of helping. all manner of pills and conventional stuff jsut gets me worse so maybe i can try someting here?

or even something like Reike? (sp?)

i would not be able to tolerate a chiropractor or probably not even a outside massage. if it was self message, maybe i'd have a chance.

(i do notince generally when skeletal trouble is up, my overstimulation is down, so i don't know what to think. )

taniaaust1

I personally only found Reiki great for short term issues eg if one has just injured oneself. I've seen miracle healing on my own body in such situations (i cut myself once down to the bone and reiki fixed it so I didnt need to go to hospital for stitches)... on long term stuff, I've never found it to be all that much help and it can even aggravate things worst with that form of healing as it can cause healing crisis (there are other forms of energy healing which do not cause healing crisis).

Seeing you are noticing your symptoms can be lessened through you neck, I'd suggest to try to find a very good chiropractor (see if you can get one others are actually recommending as these vary a lot) or orthopedic physio (they have more qualificatins then the typical ones I usually find useless).

vision blue

@taniaaust1 Hi. thanks for the info. I'd be interested in those energy healing things; will look them up. the reason i had thought of reiki and self message is I don't thikn i can tolerate any other person actually touching me right now- not till i get alot stronger and heavier.

am not familar with the term "orthopedic psysio". Special type of pyscial therapist i wonder. or maybe you meant a special type of orthopedist.

Just wanted to add a few ideas that have helped me with neck and other pain...disregard if you've already considered them or they won't work for you.

Reiki and Jin Shin Jyutsu are 2 healing techniques whereby the practitioner applies light or no touch in moving energy.

Bowen Techique is a technique that involves the practitioner "rolling" over certain points on the body with the fingers, with periods of rest in between. It's very gentle...and can reduce pain.

Mudras are hand/finger positions that can affect energy flow. You do them yourself, so no one is touching you...and there are many different positions, so you can perhaps find some that have a positive effect on you.

There are low-impact chiropractic methods that involve only a light touch...that is, it's not the old "bone-cracking" techniques. The touch may be done with the practitioner's fingers or with an activator (a device that applies the force to a specific point).

For calming nerve pain around the neck, some things to consider are Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) bath at whatever water temperature is comfortable for you. And castor oil packs (per Edgar Cayce method). Both can help ease inflammation.

Am not including links to websites, lest it be considered promotional. But information is relatively easy to find with a search. It is, of course, much harder to find skilled practitioners.

vision blue

@WoodFern Thank you. Am not familar with them. will try web but as you say, hard to find good practioners- or good websites actually; waste a lot of time that way...