• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anyone help me interpret these test results? Genova Metabolomix+

Replenished

Sorry to make a thread just for this but I'm desperate for some answers or something I can work on to improve my symptoms. I'm also limited financially due to my current situation so can't really afford to pay out for a consultation on these results. I am looking into the results myself and trying to interpret them with the information that I can find online, but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

To note, I have an issue with frequent dilute urine, so I hope that won't have impacted the test result, as the test is done with urine other than the fatty acid part. Despite my urine being dilute, my urine creatine was bordering on high and my blood creatine was high on a separate blood test on the same day. Probably indicative of my main symptom outside the fatigue, which is dehydration.

At the moment I can see from the test there's certainly an issue with my fatty acids and somewhat with my amino acids. I need to work out what would be best to supplement and what else I need to be doing. Thanks guys, don't know what I'd do without this forum!

Attachments

• Metabolomix (ONE) 31.1.22.[999].pdf
    1 MB · Views: 45
I can do it, would one of the moderators connect us? Note, I read lots such as Doctor Lordes book on interpreting these kinds of lab tests, experiment lots, but am not a practicioner with others health and have no licenses or certifications in this field, I am an amateur.

Replenished

I can do it, would one of the moderators connect us? Note, I read lots such as Doctor Lordes book on interpreting these kinds of lab tests, experiment lots, but am not a practicioner with others health and have no licenses or certifications in this field, I am an amateur.

That would be really helpful. Do we need a moderator? I can typically DM people but don't seem to be able to DM you?

vision blue

Hi again i didnt respond before because Genova is not my go to lab so was hoping tbose whomprefer that lab would chime in

Had a quick look. Had to ignore the first 8 or so pages of crap to get to desults. So basically this looks like an OAT and an amino a id test with the fatty acid
Addin in flood

Remember we were talking about whether or not your test will be valid because of the dilute urine. And your particular case I would not be surprised if they underestimated all of your markers crib this is because you have pretty good muscle mass based on our conversations and you have pretty high urine creatinine despite not having especially concentrated urine I also see no correction for body surface area. Combined with fact tour AAs are on the low side for a protein eating male, supports they are underestimating

But even with that in mibd, theres no obvious ratio thats odd or anything in particular that looks higher than others

Maybe look at the methylhistidines. Probably im overreading but one needs magnesium to convert from one to the other. But in the absence of other markers of need for magnesium it may juat again have to do with muscle mass

On fatty acids, sounds lije you have that under control. I didnt look closeky to see if tbis is just dietary- eg little fish or flax oil or a pathway issue.

Sometimes tests are fishing expeditions and i think here you didnt even hook a guppy. Happens sometimes I dont know if thats cause you can rule out a bunch of stuff or because its just a sucky lab in combo with the urine situation making results misleading, in which case you cant rule out anything

You coukd try some pushback with lab. Let them know you're dissapointed, explain the urine situation etc. not sure its worth your time tho you could outright request a refund. (Grounds woukd be tge creatine makes no sense- that woukd be one ground)

Replenished

Hi again i didnt respond before because Genova is not my go to lab so was hoping tbose whomprefer that lab would chime in

Had a quick look. Had to ignore the first 8 or so pages of crap to get to desults. So basically this looks like an OAT and an amino a id test with the fatty acid
Addin in flood

Remember we were talking about whether or not your test will be valid because of the dilute urine. And your particular case I would not be surprised if they underestimated all of your markers crib this is because you have pretty good muscle mass based on our conversations and you have pretty high urine creatinine despite not having especially concentrated urine I also see no correction for body surface area. Combined with fact tour AAs are on the low side for a protein eating male, supports they are underestimating

But even with that in mibd, theres no obvious ratio thats odd or anything in particular that looks higher than others

Maybe look at the methylhistidines. Probably im overreading but one needs magnesium to convert from one to the other. But in the absence of other markers of need for magnesium it may juat again have to do with muscle mass

On fatty acids, sounds lije you have that under control. I didnt look closeky to see if tbis is just dietary- eg little fish or flax oil or a pathway issue.

Sometimes tests are fishing expeditions and i think here you didnt even hook a guppy. Happens sometimes I dont know if thats cause you can rule out a bunch of stuff or because its just a sucky lab in combo with the urine situation making results misleading, in which case you cant rule out anything

You coukd try some pushback with lab. Let them know you're dissapointed, explain the urine situation etc. not sure its worth your time tho you could outright request a refund. (Grounds woukd be tge creatine makes no sense- that woukd be one ground)

I'm not sure I have the fatty acids under control, or anything else for that matter. Omega 3, 6, and 9 all look low. Yet my cholesterol etc is always high, despite me not being overweight. There must be some issue with how im processing fats?

I can see many of the aminos look lowish so will supplement those. But again this seems odd as my diet is quite high in protein .

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm not sure I have the fatty acids under control, or anything else for that matter. Omega 3, 6, and 9 all look low. Yet my cholesterol etc is always high, despite me not being overweight. There must be some issue with how im processing fats?

I can see many of the aminos look lowish so will supplement those. But again this seems odd as my diet is quite high in protein .

You might be interested in this thread talking about starving cells: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-the-metabolic-underpinnings-of-me-cfs.85891/ where he said:

"Amino acids are usually used for fuel at an elevated rate during a stress response or starvation. When you’re starving, for instance, your body will save your carbohydrates to make sure your brain and immune system are getting them. The rest of your body will use fats and amino acids in greater proportions."

Also Dr Ron David said high cholesterol tends to be common in ME/CFS but I don't know if they understand why yet.

Everything is vague right now or I would go looking for more links for you if I could but the "forecast" is rainy with brain fog today. (Sorry.)

vision blue

But your not understanding/listening. Sane was true on previous conversations. I said the AAs lowish is a further sign that the lab falsely UNDERESTIMATED all your urine values If true, you certainly do not want to up your protein based on afalsy low lab!

Replenished

But your not understanding/listening. Sane was true on previous conversations. I said the AAs lowish is a further sign that the lab falsely UNDERESTIMATED all your urine values If true, you certainly do not want to up your protein based on afalsy low lab!

I'm listening. I just don't know if that's correct. And I don't quite understand the argument i'd be putting back to them claiming the test result is inaccurate.

In regard to to the fatty acids, they were done via blood so I have to assume those are correct.

Learner1

I'm listening. I just don't know if that's correct. And I don't quite understand the argument i'd be putting back to them claiming the test result is inaccurate.

In regard to to the fatty acids, they were done via blood so I have to assume those are correct.
My aminos have been low and it doesn't seem to be false. I ended up having symptoms related to each of the aminos and needed to raise them, which alleviated symptoms.

For this patient, it could be that digesting them is the issue.

vision blue

My aminos have been low and it doesn't seem to be false. I ended up having symptoms related to each of the aminos and needed to raise them, which alleviated symptoms.

For this patient, it could be that digesting them is the issue.

Could definitely be. I was just making sure my point was clear. Just see some red flags in his data (underestimations) when you combine his low urine output yet dilute urine, highish blood creatinine levels, possbile kidney issue, highish muscle mass, and generally low values throughout report; have no reason to think the same red flags would be present in your data. Would be nice if one knew they could be relied on since it would allow him to rule out a number of things and point to which further tests to take (of course one of the 2 big goals of all these testing companies). If it were me, I certainluy would not make any changes to my nutrients, supplements, or anything based on those urine data.

@Replenished Ok, just wanted to make sure my points were clear. On dried blood btw, that has its own set of issues but I think for fatty acids it's fine, as far as I know anyway; e.g. both vitamin D and amino acids can deteriorate from dried blood especially in warm or humid conditions or extreme temp fluctuations.

I suppose in general besides the red flags, i'm skeptical of Genova but don't have good grounds to defend that at present. Anyway, good luck with your analysis.

Replenished

Through my lack of discipline, brain fog and confusion, I never even had these results interpreted or used them in any way. I think I at least need to take more Omega 3.