• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anybody tell me where this rash could come from? ?

xebex

@Wanja if it comes and goes it could well be the niacin if it’s permanently there then prob something else.

Wanja

My eyes turned a bit yellow since the crash and all the new symptoms started... I know that hints towards the liver but could it be connected to herpes zoster etc?

Violeta

Hypoxia in the cerebellum?
Is there a way to diagnose that and does it mean its irreversibel damage?
I don't know of any specific test to diagnose it, and I don't know if it ever causes irreversible damage. But a lot of cases are reversible. I see MCAS mentioned, and I have seen studies saying that hypoxia can be a cause of mast cell degranulation, the mast cells degranulate as a fail safe.

Violeta

Oh interesting.. Maybe i should try that out.
I have problems with acne as well atm and inflammed spots everywhere... Seems like my body wants to get rid of something.
Are the spots fairly round and do they get a layer of flaky skin that peels off.

brenda

Yes the liver is involved with herpes zoster. You can have it without the rash as well, and just guessing, the blisters. I am in the midst of my first attack now. There have been many reports of new cases since vaccination but that excludes me. However, some saying the unvaccinated are getting it too. Is it only on one side? It's hard to tell on the pic. A blood test would show but finding a doctor willing would not be easy. They are often uneducated about shingles.

Wanja

Yes the liver is involved with herpes zoster. You can have it without the rash as well, and just guessing, the blisters. I am in the midst of my first attack now. There have been many reports of new cases since vaccination but that excludes me. However, some saying the unvaccinated are getting it too. Is it only on one side? It's hard to tell on the pic. A blood test would show but finding a doctor willing would not be easy. They are often uneducated about shingles.

I am sorry to hear that you are in an attack right now. What are your symptoms? Do i they need a special test for that or should i just say "test for herpes zoster"?

brenda

I am sorry to hear that you are in an attack right now. What are your symptoms? Do i they need a special test for that or should i just say "test for herpes zoster"?

Thank you. It started with bad headache. Pain behind eye. Then red blotches appeared on my forehead. My eye swelled up until l looked like the loser in a boxing ring! I was feeling very rough by then.

A test is usually needed if a doc is unsure and it happens fairly often that people get a false diagnosis at first .It would simply be a herpes zoster test.