• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anybody tell me where this rash could come from? ?

Wanja

I have a new symptom and dont know what it is and never had it before, do you have any idea?
I have a crash woth new heavy neurological symptoms for 2 month now.
Seizures, cant walk, spasms, weakness, fever-like feeling,
dizzyness, problems with digesstion,
extreme bad cognitive function, derealisation, severe brain fog, stop-motion sight.
I have headaches coming and going which started everywhere and are now mostly focused in the back of my head as a burning sensation or a sharp pain in my brainstem.

I have spots on my tongue and a possible candida infection.

I just had a push and worsening of the symptoms a few hours ago and this weird red rash on the back of my neck appeared, is this a hint?

I just had a little bit of chocolate as well... Could this be an instant candida reaction?
Is this maybe connected?

Attachments

• IMG-20210619-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210619-WA0002.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 74

Rufous McKinney

I just had a little bit of chocolate as well... Could this be an instant candida reaction?

possible histamine or mast cell reaction from the chocolate, or something else. Is it unusual for you to eat chocolate?

White tongue coating might not be candida, so be careful there. There is a PR thread around here on white tongue coating. Your spots may be that. A chinese traditional medicine herbalist maybe able to help wiith some of that, not a cure necessarily but reducing the intensity of the reaction. They call it dampness. Congested lymph, that type of thing.

Some of this itchy stuff might also be neurological- seems like that in my case- certain areas just itch but in my case dont' seem to have a visible rash.

Tammy

I have this same type of rash/discoloration also at the of nape of my neck. I've had it for years. I remember another member also showing a picture of her rash at base of neck and looked just like this.

Last edited:

LINE

Coated tongue indicates damp conditions in TCM as Rufous indicates.

I have a friend with CFS and had terrible skin breakouts. She started on Manjistha which is an Ayurvedic herb that is considered to be a lymph and blood cleanser, they recommend this for autoimmune issues. Anyhow, since doing this herb, the skin conditions have dissipated. One theory is that she had toxicity issues and was not clearing out the toxins thus the toxins were releasing via the skin which is a major elimination organ.

Rufous McKinney

Anyhow, since doing this herb, the skin conditions have dissipated

I had a very troubling weird rash all over my legs, for a number of years. IT did not fall into any classic categories like eczema, or psoriasis. I am familiar with those.

I went on chinese traditonal herbs for the rash. I took them for 9 months and the rash remained, altho a bit less itchy. I continued with those herbs, because I felt better in other ways.

Suddently at 10 months- the rash disappeared over the next two weeks. Its never come back.

One theory is that she had toxicity issues and was not clearing out the toxins thus the toxins were releasing via the skin which is a major elimination organ.

While all this is likely true, my body suggests it remains pretty toxic, so I did not FREE Myself wholesale of toxins to get rid of the rash. My body exhibits signs of metals and high biotoxin load, my vision is extremely compromised. Brain etc.

Violeta

The reason for the rash is difficult to determine, but some of the other symptoms sound like hypoxia in the cerebellum.
It can be difficult to determine the root cause of that, too.
What helped me is thiamine and other B vitamins, B5 being the most recent very helpful vitamin.
Here's the definition of beriberi, caused by thiamine deficiency. It's not a rare as one would think.
The main types of beriberi are: Dry beriberi, which affects the nervous system. Symptoms include vomiting, seizures, muscle weakness, loss of muscle function in the legs, and mental confusion.
Having a virus or infection for a long time can burn through the B vitamins, but of course the diet not containing sufficient vitamins can also be a cause.
A protocol for something called coat hanger pain has interesting information, although the protocol wasn't adequate for me. The coat hanger pain is often related to orthostatic intolerance or POTS. Can't remember the doctor's name right at the moment, but I will look it up.
Here's one article about thiamine and hypoxia.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24846908/

Last edited:

Avena

@Wanja it’s a few days since your post. Has the rash developed or does it stay the same?

Skin problems is the hardest to google/self diagnose… I do even prefer a biopsy in addition to a trained dermatologist’s opinion. Particularly when it developes and/or if there are other symptoms involved. But I don’t know how severe you are, if you are able to get to a consult?

Last edited:

Wanja

@Wanja it’s a few days since your post. Has the rash developed or does it stay the same?

Skin problems is the hardest to google/self diagnose… I do even prefer a biopsy in addition to a trained dermatologist’s opinion. Particularly when it developes and/or if there are other symptoms involved. But I don’t know how severe you are, if you are able to get to a consult?

Hey! Srry for replying so late, i was not able to use my phone recently :(

The rush is not gone! But weaker than before... And after 2 weeks of bettering of the neurological symptoms it all got a little worse again...
I have a burning sensation in the back of my head and pain in my brainstem... I wonder if this could be related to the rush.

I just ordered thyamin and will try it out, also oregano oil, curcumin and BCAA.

Last edited:

Wanja

The reason for the rash is difficult to determine, but some of the other symptoms sound like hypoxia in the cerebellum.
What helped me is thiamine and other B vitamins, B5 being the most recent very helpful vitamin.
Here's the definition of beriberi, caused by thiamine deficiency. It's not a rare as one would think.
The main types of beriberi are: Dry beriberi, which affects the nervous system. Symptoms include vomiting, seizures, muscle weakness, loss of muscle function in the legs, and mental confusion.
Having a virus or infection for a long time can burn through the B vitamins, but of course the diet not containing sufficient vitamins can also be a cause.
A protocol for something called coat hanger pain has interesting information, although the protocol wasn't adequate for me. The coat hanger pain is often related to orthostatic intolerance or POTS. Can't remember the doctor's name right at the moment, but I will look it up.

Thank you very much for the hint i will look into it!

I just ordered thyamin yesterday, excited to try it out!

Wanja

Coated tongue indicates damp conditions in TCM as Rufous indicates.

I have a friend with CFS and had terrible skin breakouts. She started on Manjistha which is an Ayurvedic herb that is considered to be a lymph and blood cleanser, they recommend this for autoimmune issues. Anyhow, since doing this herb, the skin conditions have dissipated. One theory is that she had toxicity issues and was not clearing out the toxins thus the toxins were releasing via the skin which is a major elimination organ.

Oh interesting.. Maybe i should try that out.
I have problems with acne as well atm and inflammed spots everywhere... Seems like my body wants to get rid of something.

Wanja

When my Candida is high, I also tend to be extra sensitive to chemicals, i.e. things in shampoos and soaps. I wonder if that's what's happening on your neck.

Could be... I will start treating my candida soon. If it is candida.
Just ordered oregano oil and will try diflucan

Wanja

Does anything you’re taking have niacin in it? If it’s not histamine related it could be a mild niacin flush, which if it is, is harmless. I take niacin daily and if I take it on an empty stomach I will flush.

I take B Vitamins... And Niacin is Vit B 3 right?

Wanja

possible histamine or mast cell reaction from the chocolate, or something else. Is it unusual for you to eat chocolate?

White tongue coating might not be candida, so be careful there. There is a PR thread around here on white tongue coating. Your spots may be that. A chinese traditional medicine herbalist maybe able to help wiith some of that, not a cure necessarily but reducing the intensity of the reaction. They call it dampness. Congested lymph, that type of thing.

Some of this itchy stuff might also be neurological- seems like that in my case- certain areas just itch but in my case dont' seem to have a visible rash.

Yeah maybe. I stopped eating sweets and chocolate because i thought its feeding the candida and i feel worse when eating chocolate in a strange way. It makes everything more "dull" in my brain

Wanja

Hypoxia in the cerebellum?
Is there a way to diagnose that and does it mean its irreversibel damage?

Aspen

Oh interesting.. Maybe i should try that out.
I have problems with acne as well atm and inflammed spots everywhere... Seems like my body wants to get rid of something.
I’ve had the same rash and terrible acne too, for me it’s an MCAS reaction. Symptoms disappear by eliminating foods causing intolerances and avoiding high-histamine foods. Chocolate is a big histamine trigger for me. But I’m interested to read the hypoxia research posted here too, that’s been a recurring issue.