• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Burning brain

iwillwin1day

Hi,
Anybody have burning brain? When I have PEM I get burning brain immediately. It's like some kind of inflammation in the brain. It comes with mental fatigue. If I rest for some hours like 3-4 hours then brain burning go away. Anybody knew why it happens?
Thanks

JaimeS

I don't KNOW, but I've found that pH basic by Enzymatic therapy taken internally, and Olbas across the neck to restore circulation works pretty well. It's possible it's lactic acid buildup.

I'm not a dr, this is not medical advice, etc.

iwillwin1day

I don't KNOW, but I've found that pH basic by Enzymatic therapy taken internally, and Olbas across the neck to restore circulation works pretty well. It's possible it's lactic acid buildup.

I'm not a dr, this is not medical advice, etc.
Lactic acid buildup make sense. Because it happens after mental exertion. Like stress, excess emotion whether good or bad, studying etc

Viral reactivation . Burning would point to hsv 1 ,2 or shingles . Infection is chronic because of poor methylation. (Liver /gallbladder infection?)

Look into estrogen dominance , histamine intolerance and copper issues .
Get body methylation working and you’ll detox and histamine levels will rise due to toxin mobilization and infection in brain will become acute and than go into remission

JaimeS

Lactic acid buildup make sense. Because it happens after mental exertion. Like stress, excess emotion whether good or bad, studying etc

Yep. Same, although also storming does it for me.

Unluckily, it is now Storm Season in SV where I live. No real "winter" here -- instead, the skies open and it rains buckets.

When air pressure drops, partial pressure due to oxygen drops. That is: each breath contains less oxygen than it does when the air pressure is higher. People with other chronic illnesses have noted the same.

If we either have oxygen deficit OR high oxygen demand -- or both -- then that means more lactic acid when this occurs.

Seven7

Seven
Hi,
Anybody have burning brain? When I have PEM I get burning brain immediately. It's like some kind of inflammation in the brain. It comes with mental fatigue. If I rest for some hours like 3-4 hours then brain burning go away. Anybody knew why it happens?
Thanks
Mine was horrible ( sometimes comes back) I would drop in my knees and pray for 3 seconds ( I felt like an acid spill on brain). Mine went away with a pill ( not cure since I still have to stay on it but now I can go for months without before it comes again)
ALC+ALA ussually comes on a pill, but I told my Cfs doctor that would take care of it and she just wrote it down but didn’t have anything to say as of why, she just said to keep using it.
Do your reaserch, ALA has a lot of controversy ( never created an issue for me).
I do not get this as long as I am on the pill

iwillwin1day

Have you tried ice packs on the back of your neck?
I have been supplementing with BCAAs and turmeric curcumin and seem to have shorter times like this.
*not a medical professional
Yes. I have tried cold water on whole head instead of ice and it doesn't benefit me at all. The burning is actually from instead and not outside. And ice and cold water make whole head cool from outside only.

Actually the feeling is like burning in brain and I don't knew what is the exact medical term for this symptom.

Heartl

I wonder if it’s some sort of brain inflammation? Maybe trying an anti-inflammatory diet might help you (worth a try). No grains, dairy, sugar? I hope you get some relief from this. Best of health to you

iwillwin1day

Mine was horrible ( sometimes comes back) I would drop in my knees and pray for 3 seconds ( I felt like an acid spill on brain).
Yes. Exactly. You described it perfectly. Its like acid in the brain burning. Its not heat or fire type burn. It's like some kind of acid release in the brain due to exertion like mental task. I have in the past very severe version of this symptom. But now it's not so severe but still severe.

iwillwin1day

ALC+ALA ussually comes on a pill, but I told my Cfs doctor that would take care of it and she just wrote it down but didn’t have anything to say as of why, she just said to keep using it.
Do your reaserch, ALA has a lot of controversy ( never created an issue for me).
I do not get this as long as I am on the pill
I have tried ALC in the past but in low dose and it has no effect on me. ALA I will give it a try and see if it help or not. Thank you very much for sharing what help you.

Seven7

Seven
Yes. Exactly. You described it perfectly. Its like acid in the brain burning. Its not heat or fire type burn. It's like some kind of acid release in the brain due to exertion like mental task. I have in the past very severe version of this symptom. But now it's not so severe but still severe.
Have you look into leaky spine I forgot the name. I don’t get headaches why I didn’t presue mine. In my list of things to check.