• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bumps under skin and lips only occasionally?

They are just little raised parts of my skin. Or little bumps under my lip (haven't noticed the lip ones for a while).

I feel like it's a sign of virus reactivation. The skin one is right where I had a vaccine shot. I believe I get 2 different ones right in the same area. Whenever I notice that it's raised is after I've been stressed. Then it stops being bumpy and you can't even tell it was there. Til the next time I am stressed out and notice it?

I used to get the lip ones a lot for years, there was one in particular that was bigger and every time I got stressed, it was bumped up. They would vary though, sometimes there would be a bump in one spot, sometimes another spot. But that one was often. Sometimes more than one at a time. I tried asking some dentists and doctors and others and they would just shrug.

Does anyone have info about this? I test negative for Herpes (the kind that almost everyone has in their system) but maybe it's a different strain or EBV related?

Could it be yeast related? I thought my symps were herpes related but now believe Candida/Viral infection may be root cause. And I get the raised skin too, right where I got a vaccination and "booster" shots over the years.
They are just little raised parts of my skin. Or little bumps under my lip (haven't noticed the lip ones for a while).

I feel like it's a sign of virus reactivation. The skin one is right where I had a vaccine shot. I believe I get 2 different ones right in the same area. Whenever I notice that it's raised is after I've been stressed. Then it stops being bumpy and you can't even tell it was there. Til the next time I am stressed out and notice it?

I used to get the lip ones a lot for years, there was one in particular that was bigger and every time I got stressed, it was bumped up. They would vary though, sometimes there would be a bump in one spot, sometimes another spot. But that one was often. Sometimes more than one at a time. I tried asking some dentists and doctors and others and they would just shrug.

Does anyone have info about this? I test negative for Herpes (the kind that almost everyone has in their system) but maybe it's a different strain or EBV related?