• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bullseye or not?

sianrecovery

Hi everyone, I had lyme and babesia before, but never had a bullseye rash.

I found this behind my knee today. I live in an area where lyme is endemic, and I also have a dog.

Attachments

• bite 2.jpg
    bite 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 24
  • bite 4.jpg
    bite 4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 21

Crux

I don't know what that is, looks nasty and inflamed. I've not had lyme or babesia.

Take it to the Doc. I say

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
To me it looks like a spider bite especially if that bite spot in the center seems to hollow itself out.

However, I agree with Crux that you should go to the doctor for a medical evaluation.

sianrecovery

To me it looks like a spider bite especially if that bite spot in the center seems to hollow itself out.

However, I agree with Crux that you should go to the doctor for a medical evaluation.

Thanks Judee. The doc reckoned it was a bullseye, and prescribed three weeks of doxy. I also have swollen joints, lethargy, hives, and nausea. Whatever it is, my body isn't happy about it.

sianrecovery

It doesn't look like mine did. Well, maybe it would if it was larger. Mine was about 2.5 inches in diameter. Whatever it is, I hope you get it checked and hope it's not serious, @sianrecovery
Hi Christian, aw, thanks for your good wishes. Doc reckoned it was a bullseye, and prescribed three weeks of doxy. I've had lyme before, and am very down to face to it again, given what a torturous journey I've had with the first infection. I have swollen joints, hives, lethargy and nausea so there's clearly something going on. Not sure when is best to test, or even really how long I should take abs for at this point - or if doxy is the best one to take. But am too brain fogged to think clearly.