• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Building the evidence for causation

I wondered if it could be helpful for us to start to gather, build and collate on this thread - all the evidence that we are aware of that would suggest retrovirus - ME/CFS causality.

I know we are all aware of the range of strange abnormalities that go on in the body - but perhaps it would be useful for us to specifically name how these could relate to XMRV/MLVs.

I am mainly thinking in response to Alter who stated in the NY times that the rate of MLVs in PWCs could be a result of immune dysfunction. The idea of a passenger virus has been mentioned many times most of us are hoping this is not the case because we want targeted treatment! But perhaps it would be good for us to build the evidence everything we know of why this is probably not a passenger virus bur rather is responsible for the disease we now call ME/CFS.