• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brincidofovir

I've heard zero anecdotes about people who have used Brincidofovir, unfortunately, I guess it's still very rare, even though the drug has been around a long time now. I wonder if Valtrex and Valcyte had no effect on a person, why would Brincidofovir succeed where other antivirals failed? Because it is such a broad-spectrum antiviral, I could see how it would attack multiple viruses from more angles. Here's the image used to show the broad spectrum nature of Brin... (Valtrex/Valacyclovir is represented by "ACV", Valcyte/Valganciclovir is represented by "GCV", "BCV" stands for Brincidofovir:
1650819878185-png.47502

I wonder if it would it be of any use asking a primary care doctor if they would prescribe Brincidofovir/Tembexa? Sounds like a massive longshot. I would doubt most Doctors have even heard of it. Not sure on the current availability of BCV/Tembexa, but I would guess it's very very limited, for special cases.

mitoMAN

This is a better chart with real EC50 data. Dont think any current herpes antiviral can come even close.

Attachments

• Brincidofovir.JPG
    Brincidofovir.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 33
Just seems strange that it hasn't been trialed for EBV and other viruses more if it is indeed that effective. We should get a few detailed user anecdotes this upcoming year at least, I'm very interested to see how people do with it, and hopefully no major side effects for the people who are DIY/at-home trialing brincidofovir. Any kind of viable treatment option for EBV would be huge.

mitoMAN

Just seems strange that it hasn't been trialed for EBV and other viruses more if it is indeed that effective. We should get a few detailed user anecdotes this upcoming year at least, I'm very interested to see how people do with it, and hopefully no major side effects for the people who are DIY/at-home trialing brincidofovir. Any kind of viable treatment option for EBV would be huge.
That is I think because health agencies dont consider EBV and HHV6 worth treatment unless its maybe immunocompromised.

Also I am not sure how easy it would be to get the brand name bcv. Most of us try to custom synthesize it.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

I believe here in Australia they get around chronic viral Infection as a condition because they only test if igm or igg positive or negative. There's no titre levels tested, so almost impossible for a Dr to diagnose ebv or cmv reactivation. Igm is a new infection and they just say keep hydrated and take simple analgesics and in 6 weeks or so you will be fine. If a test comes back igg positive, oh it's just an old infection.

We propose that HAdV acts as a chronic mucosal “irritant” that facilitates frequent reactivation of another common virus, the EBV—a proposal based on data presented here that HAdV is reactivated in ME/CFS, but not in HD, taken together with our recent data on mucosal elevation of EBV, HHV6 and HERV-K in ME/CFS (10). Clinically, our findings on HAdV potential involvement along with reactivated herpesviruses in the pathogenesis of ME/CFS and/or long COVID also open doors for novel antiviral therapy strategies. In clinical practice, particularly in immunosuppressed transplant patients, the antiviral brincidofovir (BCV) is being used to curb HAdV infections. BCV is a lipid conjugate of cidofovir that exerts high activity against double-stranded DNA viruses, especially adenovirus (25). In addition to antivirals, immune therapy is being explored for HAdV infection (11).

https://www.frontiersin.org/article...=EMLX&utm_campaign=PRD_FEOPS_20170000_ARTICLE