• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brain's Fluid Drains via Lymphatic Vessels at the Base of the Skull

Rufous McKinney

Thought I would share the following: I met with a physical therapist and we did various simple neck stretches to work on strengthening my neck muscles.

I have very stagnant lymph system, cannot exercise etc. Large lymph nodes and alot of neck pain, heaviness etc. particularly on one side.

So the PT identified a really tight muscle between my neck and shoulder and she put electrodes there for about 10 minutes.

this muscle loosened considerably and the lymph in my neck appeared to rapidly go down, lymph node included.

I got really intense PEM from this release, but it felt like a very different version than normal. Incredibly SLEEPY for days, like I'm in a thick oceanic mud bath.

I want to continue these types of treatments, maybe go see a Cranial Sacral person, also. Because I know stuff is going in this area, and around the jaw as well, and this experience is more proof.

But I just DREAD feeling that ill afterwards for days. So I don't want to face- doing it again.

Sigh.

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
Thought I would share the following: I met with a physical therapist and we did various simple neck stretches to work on strengthening my neck muscles.

I have very stagnant lymph system, cannot exercise etc. Large lymph nodes and alot of neck pain, heaviness etc. particularly on one side.

So the PT identified a really tight muscle between my neck and shoulder and she put electrodes there for about 10 minutes.

this muscle loosened considerably and the lymph in my neck appeared to rapidly go down, lymph node included.

I got really intense PEM from this release, but it felt like a very different version than normal. Incredibly SLEEPY for days, like I'm in a thick oceanic mud bath.

I want to continue these types of treatments, maybe go see a Cranial Sacral person, also. Because I know stuff is going in this area, and around the jaw as well, and this experience is more proof.

But I just DREAD feeling that ill afterwards for days. So I don't want to face- doing it again.

Sigh.
this is interesting... I actually seemed to get some sort of benefit from cranio sacral manipulation therapy, it reduced my whole-body pain for a few hours once! nothing was ever able to do that with the exception of caffeine and pseudoefedrine

frozenborderline

@jeff_w @JenB i think that this kind of thing could present indirect connections btwn cci ans mcas. If csf flow is impeded and thus detox is impaired , perhaps people will have trouble clearing small amounts of toxins and this could lead to mcas bc the innate immune system would attempt to “make up” for this y being hyper Reactive

lauluce

A friend of mine swears by Cranial Sacral and it helps her daughter, who has some challenging genetic health issues....so I think it would be interesting to at least see one, hopefully who knows whats up.
It is said to be pseudoscience, not backed by any research... However, that doesn't mean that at leas accidentally, by performing this therapy, the practitioner could be releasing pressure to a lymphatic vessel, blood vessel, nerve, etc, involved in some pathology

Rufous McKinney

It is said to be pseudoscience, not backed by any research

I don't lose much sleep over that one. We don't study: interesting Protocols. I've had considerable experience receiving valuable body fixes by folks who apply direct knowledge to the body, often learned in a hands-on manner and nothing learned in college, or in Medical School. Heck: in medical school they are told we are psychosomatic.

Wayne

It is said to be pseudoscience, not backed by any research...

It may not be backed by research, but whether that means it's pseudoscience is questionable. What I do think is beyond dispute is that much of mainstream conventional medicine, purportedly backed by so called "research", in fact turns out to be major pseudoscience. It can be seen in literally every facet of health care. -- Follow the money.

lauluce

I don't lose much sleep over that one. We don't study: interesting Protocols. I've had considerable experience receiving valuable body fixes by folks who apply direct knowledge to the body, often learned in a hands-on manner and nothing learned in college, or in Medical School. Heck: in medical school they are told we are psychosomatic.
It may not be backed by research, but whether that means it's pseudoscience is questionable. What I do think is beyond dispute is that much of mainstream conventional medicine, purportedly backed by so called "research", in fact turns out to be major pseudoscience. It can be seen in literally every facet of health care. -- Follow the money.

you're so right... the so called science based diagnosis or treatment is terribly not scientific regarding ME/CFS. Better use something based on common sense and observation like physical manipulation therapies than something that it's clearly wrong even to the untrained eye. And not surprisingly, such treatments are waaay cheaper than psychoactive medications and talk based therapy

YippeeKi YOW !!

@lauluce , @Wayne , @Rufous McKinney
such treatments are waaay cheaper than psychoactive medications and talk based therapy
.... which are absolute horseshit and the medical equivalent of " ....go away and dont bother me again with your trivial, tedious imaginary problems ...", so I totally agree.

I have solid respect for many forms of hands-on therapy, which often have hundreds of years of practice and observation behind them, and very real, very practical knowledge.