• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brain Stuck

im in a bad crash. When I'm this bad my brain gets stuck - like it literally has no energy for anything and I feel I'll go mad cause it's just stuck on me. It's like I'm not thinking but I can't get outside my head. Not being physically able to do anything to take my mind off it I feel trapped and I have no idea how to handle it. I also get this crushing weight on my head.

Anyone else get this??

panckage

Yep I get it all the time. I find small doses of marijuana really help. It allows me to watch TV or other things. Basically it just clears the mind fog a bit and brings back some motivation

Yep I get it all the time. I find small doses of marijuana really help. It allows me to watch TV or other things. Basically it just clears the mind fog a bit and brings back some motivation

Lol I'm a recovering addict so no marijuana for me unfortunately!
Cathy

Maria1

Silence speaks volumes
I recognise your description @Catjbro. It's part of a bad crash for me. All I can do is rest until it passes- I usually manage to sleep so I imagine it must be frustrating if you can't.

Meditation helped me get to a place where I can switch off better. I don't really meditate now, but I can get to a relaxed state much more easily than I could before. I don't know if simple meditation is something that you've tried or would want to.

panckage

Lol I'm a recovering addict so no marijuana for me unfortunately!
Cathy
Ok well soft music also is very helpful. Actually what really calms me down is the soundtrack to the tv series "1 litre of tears." But watch the movie (not tv series!) first. Its a true story based a girl's diary who got an illness similiar to what Stephen Hawking has. As she gradually declines she adopts and find ways to excel even though her world gets smaller and smaller. Its really motivational and well when my brain gets stuck listening to the soundtrack from it calms me down and just makes me really accepting and to be able to even enjoy the brain stuck moments :p

Billt

How do you cope with it - it stresses me out!

Nothing really helps me until it passes. Sometimes if I can get a good night's rest it will help. Other times it takes days.
My son has same thing if not worse. It can takes several days for his to get back to regular brain fog !!
Others have had some good ideas to try. Hope you feel better...

That's basically how I've been living for the past 6 or so years. Nothing really helps honestly, I've spent thousands on every supplement you can imagine and tried every pharmaceutical that has made sense. While this is frustrating and disheartening it also is a clue that it's something much more serious than a potential b vitamin deficiency or something. It may be more about removing something from my system, rather than adding more.

I'm thinking it's either Lyme disease or a virus. I'm EBV confirmed but waiting on getting my IGeneX Western Blot.

Methylation has failed me, testosterone replacement, thyroid treatment, nootropics, vitamins/minerals/supplements.

It's quite maddening but not much else to do but keep chugging along.

I've found temporary relief here and there, with memantine, adderall, ritalin, minocycline. It's clear none of them are addressing the root cause as the relief is fleeting and inconsistent. CBD oil may be the most consistent thing I've tried.

It makes trying to live life difficult as I just literally can't think about the things I enjoy or want to do, let alone attempt to fully plan something in my head and remember it.

That's basically how I've been living for the past 6 or so years. Nothing really helps honestly, I've spent thousands on every supplement you can imagine and tried every pharmaceutical that has made sense. While this is frustrating and disheartening it also is a clue that it's something much more serious than a potential b vitamin deficiency or something. It may be more about removing something from my system, rather than adding more.

It makes trying to live life difficult as I just literally can't think about the things I enjoy or want to do, let alone attempt to fully plan something in my head and remember it.

I could not imagine having to live with that for 6 years - I really do feel for you. I've started to feel better lately after my new Dr. put me on some mitochondrial support supplements. Fingers crossed they continue to work. Have you been tested for Lyme??

Billt

This describes my son to a T ! We have spent so much money trying for anything that will help !!
Nothing has touched it yet ..

I could not imagine having to live with that for 6 years - I really do feel for you. I've started to feel better lately after my new Dr. put me on some mitochondrial support supplements. Fingers crossed they continue to work. Have you been tested for Lyme??
What supplements are those? I got relief from CoQ10, D-Ribose, and NADH but they of course stopped working, the first 2 for about a month straight now nothing.

Working on the Lyme test atm.

This describes my son to a T ! We have spent so much money trying for anything that will help !!
Nothing has touched it yet ..
Yeah it's quite unbelievable that this state of existence is real. No one in the world to help. We're not quite as advanced as we think we are.

I'm having mild success with Setra L-Glutathione but who knows how long that will keep working. In theory it should continue to work but getting it into the system orally isn't easy and it's inconsistent. When it's working it's impressive but I don't have high hopes it will stay potent.

Best of luck, feel free to message me with details if interested, I've picked up quite a lot of information over the years.

taniaaust1

im in a bad crash. When I'm this bad my brain gets stuck - like it literally has no energy for anything and I feel I'll go mad cause it's just stuck on me. It's like I'm not thinking but I can't get outside my head. Not being physically able to do anything to take my mind off it I feel trapped and I have no idea how to handle it. I also get this crushing weight on my head.

Anyone else get this??

my brain has low energy, its why I don't come to this site as much any more, its a brain strain thinking and hard. Communication I find hard though others don't seem to notice how much I'm struggling.

At a meeting with my states disability service I was asked a few things like "what are your hobbies?" my brain was so "jammed" slow moving "stuck" whatever one wishes to call it, that I couldn't even answer that simple question of what I do and like to do.

So unknown to me at time, she went and wrote down I had no hobbies and hence need to develop them :( . In truth I have lot so hobbies and things I enjoy but put me on the spot like that and ask me questions, my brain often gets stuck and I cant answer them properly (so give wrong answers or not give any answers at all). This causes others to end up getting misleading ideas about me.

I cant deal much with thinking of anything too complex so more issues in my life are happening due to that as its causing me to into avoidance with some important things as I'm just finding it brain wise too difficult to think (and that can then affect my ability to make decsions so I just leave things).
:(