• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brain and body training treats ME - Another BBC headlining piece of phychobabble

Hi Alex

I don't think the BBC allow comments in their health section.

It looks like the BBC piece is taken from the results of the PACE study which have been published in The Lancet today:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/?p=4621

I guess this should really be in the Research Section, except it is is laughable to call this research.

Laurence

Terrifying - the lying bastards! Even though all the swindles and cons in this 'research' were pointed out repeatedly throughout the process, and are transparently obvious to anyone informed enough, they get to spin their web straight in front of the eyes of all our GPs - and all dissenting voices are effectively silenced and ignored throughout the entire process. The GPs will all read the Lancet and believe it - and there's nowhere anywhere for anybody who knows what they're talking about to comment on the news...they are going to really step up the abuse now, big time...

Helpful comment on the MEA site, explaining that the study rigorously excluded all neurological symptoms, and that the supposed 'pacing' technique they used isn't really pacing at all, but a twisted GET-like version of pacing based on the 'boom and bust' theory...so they even get to fraudulently shut down any talk of pacing with this, and even revive the corpse of GET just as its dangers were becoming clearly established. Damnit, they sure got our money's worth on this one. None of this shit will affect me, I gave up listening to these fraudsters long ago, but I weep for everyone whose lives they will ruin with this in the years to come.

"Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, also known as ME" they say, even though all neurological symptoms have been carefully excluded - absolutely indefensible.

Enid

And dishonest toboot - their "Chronic Fatigue also known as ME" carefully excluding neurological symptoms (classified WHO) makes the whole thing meaningless. So what exactly were they studying.