• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Book about metabolism

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hi
Can anyone recommend a book about metabolism? It should be addressed to medical schools students, biochemistry students, docs etc.

Thank you so much

Martin

Rufous McKinney

An idea would be to go to some university you Admire online, and determine what is the current textbook they use for classes on Metabolism, assuming they teach such classes.

Now I want one. One of them is heavily illustrated and graphic- that might be good!

valentinelynx

This one looks good to me: Metabolism at a Glance.

The description says "Metabolism at a Glance presents a concise, illustrated summary of metabolism in health and disease. This essential text is progressively appropriate for introductory through to advanced medical and biochemistry courses. It also provides a succinct review of inborn errors of metabolism, and reference for postgraduate medical practitioners and biomedical scientists who need a resource to quickly refresh their knowledge."

For @Rufous McKinney, classes on metabolism are typically called "Biochemistry" ;) and they are rites of passage for all medical students.