• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

bone broths

ryan31337

Does anyone know why I would start to feel a bit light headed/fluey when I drink chicken soup and bone broth soup?

Could be histamine related - I've seen quite a few patients in mast cell groups say pressure cooking releases a lot less histamine then slow cooking. Also use fresh meat/carcass, not one that's been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days already...

wonderoushope

@SuzieSam Ah that makes sense as I have an intolerance to MSG.

@lnester7 Yes seems I am sensitive to lots of things these days. I never had a problem with garlic or chicken soup in the past, seem to build up intolerances to more and more foods :(

@ryan31337 - Yes I suspect I have issues with histamines as well.

I'm actually starting to think I do have a histamine intolerance. Pretty much all the foods on the histamine list effect me. Beer is one of the worst, creamy cheeses and preserved meats. I thought it was the yeast or the wheat in the beer, but maybe it is the histamine? I am also allergic to kiwi fruit which is histamine liberating.

Last edited:

ryan31337

@SuzieSam
@lnester7 Yes seems I am sensitive to lots of things these days. I never had a problem with garlic or chicken soup in the past, seem to build up intolerances to more and more foods :(

I'm actually starting to think I do have a histamine intolerance. Pretty much all the foods on the histamine list effect me. Beer is one of the worst, creamy cheeses and preserved meats. I thought it was the yeast or the wheat in the beer, but maybe it is the histamine? I am also allergic to kiwi fruit which is histamine liberating.

It seems like quite a common pattern. I gradually became intolerant to more and more things, its especially depressing when you eventually can't even tolerate the replacement foods for the normal foods!

I've just had a gastroscopy to rule out any big stuff like refractory celiacs or IBD. I'm hoping the MCAS treatments I'm starting will be a magic wand for it, but if not I guess i'll have to look down the route of SIBO and autonomic issues. So many possible causes... :(

Daffodil

i am not sure organic stock is the same as bone broth..i did some reading on this once.

I have used great lakes gelatin for a while ..not sure if it helped me. still have bad leaky gut

Hi
Im an intern doctor , im 28 i never recall having any digestiv issues all my life till 2015 after a really really stressful period with insomnia , anxiety and boom throwin up and a lot of symptoms , i searched a lot ... I know that dyspepsia , acid reflux ,gastritis, leaky gut are connected so i decided to get my life back , my plan ? Well not gonna complicate life
1:ill start to cut gluten and dairy not forever just 1month or maybe 3weeks
2:healing lining just with bone broth and glutamine sticking to 10mg daily
3: after 1month ill take high quality probiotic for 3 months
I really hope it works i know how miserable life can be with this condition whaterver u call it , and im sick of not doing anything to fight back
The only incoveniant with paleo is weight loss but i have to do it , time to step up guys

Carl

The million dollar question is has bone broth made anyone here better?
It will not make ANY difference!
Increased Intestinal Permeability Syndrome aka Leaky Gut is caused by a bacterial infection and no amount of Glutamine, various amino acids of any type but 4 d- forms will make any difference. The leaky gut is caused by a biofilm which replaces sections of the digestive mucosa and that allows incomplete/undigested food molecules to enter the bloodstream where the immune system reacts to them. The anti bodies then affect various sites where immune system control is weakest. Glutamine cannot heal because the bacteria prevent healing! While they exist the digest system cannot heal. I have beaten most of one of the biofilms, my digestive system permeability is severe and I have 5 biofilm infections. The section which was destroyed, by reduced colloidal silver healed up. None of the others were affected. I am now working on making my own colloidal silver, I received a replacement hotplate/stirrer earlier today and an order of some stuff that I needed such as large amber bottles and a few other bits and pieces that I needed. I did receive a hotplate/stirrer which will allow me to reduce ionic silver to turn it into particulate silver which is far more stable in the stomach. Over the weekend I intend doing some testing to see what works. These biofilms are highly resistant and very little can affect them. The biofilm which most affects energy was not affected with the colloidal silver that I purchased from Amazon. These infections are extremely common but it is only when they attack a certain location that it caused CFS. If it was a small distance along it would only cause autoimmune problems and not CFS. That could mean arthritis, asthma, eczema etc but not ME.

I once started bone broth soup after reading Gut and Psychology Syndrome and one day I added Xylitol to it. The next day I was so ill, throwing up stomach acid. It destroyed the biofilms and the brakes came off my stomach acid production or maybe my stomach tried to destroy the infection after the biofilm had been eliminated. As I mentioned, D-Tyrosine, D-Leucine, D-Tryptophan & D-Methionine are known to prevent biofilm formation and to trigger the break up of biofilms, especially when the biofilm is stressed by enzymes such as Interfase+. Stressing them with the enzymes causes the biofilm to take up the amino acids which then triggers a break up of the biofilm. Then hit them with as many anti bacterial substances as possible to destroy them. Be aware that the biofilm replaces sections of the stomach mucosa and when anything degrades the biofilm the permeability increases! That can make you feel very ill. When I used reduced colloidal silver late last year there was a sensation in my stomach but it was not too bad. No where near as bad as when I used Xylitol with the bone broth. I just slept when that happened. The change can be seen in my iris as there is no longer a black mark, only a very thin line in the centre which did not get destroyed. However it is now much smaller than it was, but I still have 4 other large markings ie 4 quite large biofilms. These are called Radii Solaris and are known to represent leaky gut. Radii Solaris only show when the infection is very large. Small infections do not show such markings.

So you see, Glutamine cannot not and will not solve leaky gut because it does not destroy the infection and the infection maintains the permeability because the permeability serves them as it leads to a release of histamine which sets up a feedback loop which benefits them. Glutamine will make you feel more tired! It has a sedating effect. Glycine is the same. L-Aspartic acid has a stimulating effect.