• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blue lips anyone?

Tella

I’ve had this since I got sick
Does anyone have it? Does it mean I have hypoxia?
I guess linked to pots as when I’m flat they seems to be fine
Thnx

Tella

Maybe. Do you have asthma ,as it can be caused by that.

Yeah it's possible, but it would need to be properly investigated. Could be lack of oxygen getting into your blood or a circulatory disorder.
Only some asthma rarely lately. Never before. Related to mcas
What tests please? Told doc who didn’t even want to check blood oxygen!!! Oxymeter generally shows fine. What other way?!

andyguitar

Told doc who didn’t even want to check blood oxygen!!!
Sounds like an idiot, any chance of seeing a different one? Test for blood oxygen level would normaly be done. It's Pulse Oximetry. Also blood count (for anemia). Has your Doc given you any idea as to why you have the blue lips? Can be caused by Reynauds something which does often go with me/cfs.

Tella

Sounds like an idiot, any chance of seeing a different one? Test for blood oxygen level would normaly be done. It's Pulse Oximetry. Also blood count (for anemia). Has your Doc given you any idea as to why you have the blue lips? Can be caused by Reynauds something which does often go with me/cfs.
Nope. Dismissed pots heart rate increased when standing as anxiety. Really foolish yes

after reading more I see many pots patients I’ve it. Seems to make sense. Legs get blue whej upright too...hope will go away once I recover more :)

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Do you have a pulse ox device? It might help. Also if you can get one with a plethysmograph that can give early warnings of arrhythmias as that's how we found out about my Mom having arrhythmia which the doctor later confirmed with a 24 hour holter test.

We have this model but I think they've changed it. You can still get similar ones on Amazon: https://www.veridianhealthcare.com/product/11-50d/