• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bleeding from Amoxicilin: Vit K Deficiency?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I'm feeling a lot better today...continuing with lots of greens and doing well.

After vacation I'm going to sample some K2 (low dose, thanks MeSci for looking out for me!), because all the links you've shared, Richard7, make it seem like I could probably benefit from at least trying it.

The "Cooling inflammation from the inside-out" video was great. I think some of the best healing comes when we go to the root/deepest cause of issues and work out way out from there. I didn't understand everything being shared, but I'll watch it again when my mind is less fuzzy. Thanks!
This is what it says on the Healthspan website for their K2, which has now arrived. (I think I'll start tomorrow morning about an hour before breakfast - seem to recall that it's best taken then but can't recall where.)

"A natural source of MK-7

What is Vitamin K2?

Found naturally in leafy greens, vitamin K2 is an essential vitamin to help maintain normal bones and blood clotting. A clever vitamin, it transports calcium to the right areas where we need it most, and takes it away from the areas we don’t, like our arteries and soft tissues.

Supporting the protection of blood vessel calcification, many people choose to take it as it could help prevent against heart disease.

Who is this for?
Anyone looking to maintain the health of their bones and blood.

Why is ours better?
Vitamin K2 can be expensive. Many supplement companies don’t use it because it isn’t ‘cost effective’. Our nutritionists are dedicated to leading the way, so we provide a pure vitamin K2 supplement, containing 75μg (100% NRV) of the highest quality vitamin K2.

How to take it
Swallow one capsule daily with water. Recommended intake should not be exceeded.

*Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting.
*Vitamin K contributes to the maintenance or normal bones.

Vitamin K2 75µg

https://www.healthspan.co.uk/produc...te&utm_campaign=103381&mpch=ad#/?pack size=60

Thanks for sharing that, MeSci! I'd love to hear how you're feeling after you've taken it for a while. If you can also take pics of your teeth before and after, to see if they get whiter, that would be a fun thing to notice! I'm definitely going to try it when I'm back from vacation and look forward to hearing how it goes with you!

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Thanks for sharing that, MeSci! I'd love to hear how you're feeling after you've taken it for a while. If you can also take pics of your teeth before and after, to see if they get whiter, that would be a fun thing to notice! I'm definitely going to try it when I'm back from vacation and look forward to hearing how it goes with you!
I started it yesterday and feel absolutely lousy. I don't know whether that is due to the Vitamin K or not. I'm just taking one a week - if I start feeling better, that is, otherwise I may not take any more. I'm not capable of taking any photos at the moment, but my teeth are in a pretty bad state as I haven't been to the dentist for ages and have currently been waiting nearly a year for an appointment as I'm not even on the waiting list yet. Luckily the teeth aren't hurting.

MeSci, I hope you're feeling better very soon. *HUGS* Sorry to hear about the teeth problem...that's great they're not hurting.