• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best ME / CFS docs that do Telehealth / consults?

Hoosierfans

I’ve found a great concierge PCP this year who is very willing to try things with me, but we are at the point where she and I agree that we probably need a very knowledgeable ME / CFS doc who knows the complexities of this illness including the neurological and pain components to guide us along.

She’s more than willing to prescribe treatments if she could consult with / touch base with such a doc. For example, prescribing something like TAF / TDF. Or keeping me on long term antivirals.

Suggestions for the best doc to fulfill that role? I’m mostly bedridden and can’t travel, so I’d need someone willing to do Telehealth. I’m open to being a full fledged patient of any doc with such expertise, but am more than willing to have them on my case on a consulting basis (if that gets me in sooner or makes them more willing to take me on).

I’d love to have someone at the level of Dr Klimas, Dr Chia, Dr Levine etc. I haven’t yet contacted them in particular to see if they would work this way.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! (I’m in Wisconsin, US if that makes a difference).

Zebra

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! (I’m in Wisconsin, US if that makes a difference).

Location might make a difference, depending on the doctor.

I have several physicians that confirm I'm in the State of California before they will proceed with a video appointment.

Hope you are able to find someone excellent with or without state restrictions!

godlovesatrier

UK: Dr Bansal only - Spire Bushey hospital should be able to book you in, 12 month waiting list, haven't a clue if he does international patients but he might because all payments are made via bank transfer.

Prescriptions are all paper based uk postal however.

Dr Weir - doesn't do telehealth you have to go see him he's in northern ireland or he's in his essex clinic. @Countrygirl can tell us if this info is accurate or not.

Canada: Used to be Dr Hyde for telehealth but he's retired. https://www.nightingale.ca/ (not sure if these people still do consultations or not.

@heapsreal do you know anyone for aus?

Sorry I can't be more help, bit out of the loop here:

Bansal isn't on this list here but you might find it useful:

https://www.meaction.net/resources/find-your-doctor/