• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best Doctors to see?

Hi,

I have had CFS and PEM (mostly the latter) for the last 5-6 years. It has gotten worse and worse and nowadays I cannot even do pushups without getting sick. Back in the days I used to play hockey, basketball etc. with no problems.

Anyway, I have tested a lot of stuff already. I have tested for food intolerances and vitamin/mineral deficiencies and fixed those (more than a year ago). About 6 weeks ago I started on Freddd's B12 protocol which I had tremendous hope for...and while it has cured my brain fog (which is amazing), it hasn't done anything for my PEM yet.

I also have thyroid problems and high Prolactin, which Doctors have no idea the reason for. But anyway...I am just wondering this: Who is/are the best Doctor(s) in the world to see about this?

I would like to test for heavy metals and for mold. The school I went to from 6-16 years old just recently had to be teared down because the mold infection in its walls was beyond repair.

Any suggestions? Money isn't an object and I could travel to anywhere in the world. If there is a place I could stay for a week or two and just do every test in the book by a Doctor specialized in CFS, that would be ideal. I know Dr. Daniel Peterson was supposed to be good, but is he retired? Says on Google his clinic is permanently closed.

Last edited:

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
At the moment the only well documentet treatment, I would say is Rituximab. You can get this either at OMI, or Kolibri Medical in Norway from Dr. Ogreid. Don`t waste money on alternative stuff, at least i would not.

Thanks. What if it's caused by something like a Herpes virus? I think it started 5-6 years ago when I had unprotected sex with Asian prostitutes. My throat swolled up for 6 months and a Chinese doctor cut out a 1x1 inch big tonsilitis from my throat with a knife.

Or of course it could be heavy metals etc.? Does Rituximab cleanse my heavy metals?

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Well this escalated quickly :)

I don`t know man, it`s possible it could trigger ME/CFS, yes.
Rituximab kills B-cells, check out Fluge & Mellas paper by searching "b-lymphocyte depletion" in google.

Thanks. I'll read up about it.

If I see Dr. Ogreid in Norway, would he do a thorough investigation, or would he simply start with Rituximab right away? It feels a bit too early for me perhaps to go on Rituximab, as I hear it can be quite dangerous?

Back