• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bengaluru woman goes to Delhi HC to stop friend’s euthanasia trip to Europe (ME/CFS)

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
So he has an incredibly poor quality of life and his "friend' wants to force him to continue suffering.
Some friend :sorry:

He should be allowed his own freedom to humanely end his suffering.

I also notice that actually facing the underlying problem is not on the table, where is the medical research, where are the financial resources, where are the many people who would be needed to care for him 24/7 in perpetuity.

Instead of addressing the elephant in the room (either with support or euthanasia) society wants to force people to suffer.

hapl808

They're willing to fight and argue about the legalities of his visa application, but they're not willing to fund research and take the illness seriously.