• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Beginner's Guide: A Roadmap for ME/CFS Testing and Treatment

Emmarose47

I'm.new to the forum ...
Got diagnosed CFS 18mths ago ...
I'm pretty severe now
I'm.wondering about starting the testing route but I can only assume I'd need someone to.interpret the results ?
I live in the uk
My GP bloods show I had Epstein Barr in the past but I assume I wouldn't use the same treatment as someone who currently has it ?

Bbbb

Emmarose47

Hi thank you for the mini road map ...
I'm new at all this and wondering about getting some lab tests ..
I can only assume that they are difficult to interpret the results ..
Who do I get to run test for me ?
I've hear of functional doctors but they are expensive and the one I looked at is so full the waiting list is full ...
Could a naturopath interpret results ?

When I had bloods done at my regular gp it showed I've had Epstein Barr in the past. If this is the case then it wouldn't be current I assume ?

All help in simple terms highly appreciated ..
Thanks in advance

Emmarose47

Hi thank you for the mini road map ...
I'm new at all this and wondering about getting some lab tests ..
I can only assume that they are difficult to interpret the results ..
Who do I get to run test for me ?
I've hear of functional doctors but they are expensive and the one I looked at is so full the waiting list is full ...
Could a naturopath interpret results ?

When I had bloods done at my regular gp it showed I've had Epstein Barr in the past. If this is the case then it wouldn't be current I assume ?

All help in simple terms highly appreciated ..
Thanks in advance

I'm having trouble opening the roadmap. Is anybody else? (Apologies if I am just having a tech issue. But other websites are working fine, and I have tried on a couple of different occasions and can't open it.)

Hip

I'm having trouble opening the roadmap. Is anybody else? (Apologies if I am just having a tech issue. But other websites are working fine, and I have tried on a couple of different occasions and can't open it.)

The roadmap main page is somewhat long, but it should open in all browsers. Have you tried clearing your browser data (cache, cookies and website data)? Alternatively, you could try another browser, and see if that works.

A very short and concise version of the roadmap is found here: https://mecfsroadmap.altervista.org/mini-roadmap.html So you could see if that shortened version loads in your browser.

Based on trying it in a different browser, it looks like it might be security issue with my workplace. I will have to try at home. Thanks, @Hip!