• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bad reaction to Apple Cider Vinegar -- histamine or die-off?

Paralee

Thanks for the news. I use a little with a few ozs of water for more acid in the stomach. I never thought about having a reaction from it.

GreenMachineX

Glad I found this thread. I was looking up remedies for indigestion/reflux and cake are across ACV so I used 1 tablespoon in 8 oz water. 2 hours later, I’m having the strangest breathing sensation. It’s like, everything is super clear, huge breaths, but it’s still awkward and unpleasant. I’m feeling a little overstimulated as well, so I’m guessing this revved up methylation? It definitely doesn’t feel like my typical histamine reactions, but it doesn’t really feel like my previous overmethylation nightmare either. It’s calmed down a little the past 10 minutes, but I was ready for the ER again because that was horrible! Apparently, everything I take or eat from this point forward has to be from the focal point of methylation first.

ACV triggered a histamine reaction for me. It's sometimes listed on the 'tolerable' list of low-histamine diets, but personally I can't tolerate any kind of vinegar.