• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B-lactam antibiotics- as an elastase inhibitor for Rnase-L fragmentation slowdown

S

Solon

Hi there, been searching a lot lately for some good b-lactam antibiotic to treat my IBS and high intestinal serotonin metabolism. I have very serious problem with bowel motility, there is nothing and i mean nothing that make things move in there without significant side effects.

I am looking however for the best b-lactam antibiotic to try and lower the elastase activity and see if my intestines recover a bit. Its unbelievable how numb i feel in there, like i am on a very high dose of SSRI antidepressants.

All this happened after the 2nd infection i got with an enterovirus. Previously i had moderate to severe intestinal motility issues now they are extremely difficult to cope with.

any ideas or other suggestions ??

S

Solon

Symptoms?? I cant go to the bathroom no matter what. I ve tried a dozen different supplements. I seem to have a serious inflammation in the lower end of my small intestine. Yet this is incurable, as i haVve tried so many approaches, the only thing that works a bit is some antibiotic named Clarithromycin but it causes me testicular and prostatic problems and so do the antibiotics. All the other treatments fail what soever.

I know there is a serious disbalance in my intestinal bacterial population because of the one or two enteroviral infections i have been through. The second infection is probably some neurotropic virus.

Anyways no clue as to what to do from now on, i cant go out because of this bloating and puking sensation. I feel better physically when using a b-lactam but it doesnt help with constipation.