• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Avemar/Ave

LaurelB

I just came across this product on Prohealth. I have no financial interest in Prohealth....just wondering if anyone has tried it or heard of it, and whether it was helpful.

Here's what it says about it on their website:

Introducing Ave, the dietary supplement containing Avemar, a uniquely beneficial natural compound derived from wheat germ fermented by baker's yeast through a patented process.

Avemar's development was initiated by Dr. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, who received the Nobel Prize for discovery of vitamin C. He theorized that such a compound would help regulate the processes of cellular metabolism, and support mechanisms of immune system regulation. Subsequently the dramatic results of more than 20 peer review-published studies - including in vitro, in vivo, and human clinical trials - have proved his theories to be correct.

Once daily use is shown to support healthy immune system modulation and the regulation of cell metabolism, supporting the processes of cell differentiation and repair*.

* Supports cell metabolic regulation*
* Promotes immune system modulation*
* Maintains healthy cellular & humoral (Th1/Th2) immune balance*
* Promotes optimal NK cell targeting ability and the coordinated response of macrophages, B-cells and T-cells*

How does Ave work?

1. Ave supports cells metabolic regulation

2. Ave promotes immune system regulation

* Enhance the ability of T-cells to respond to antigen presentation, and B-cells to respond to activation and produce appropriate antibodies
* Normalize balance of cellular and humoral (Th1/Th2) immune function
* Enhance Macrophage functioning

3. Ave enhances NK Cell targeting

Avemar helps the immune system identify invaders for attack. Immune system enemy invaders try to hide from the immune system's Natural Killer (NK) cells by displaying a surface molecule called MHC-1.

MHC-1 tells NK cells, "don't attack me, I'm one of the good guys"... but, research shows Avemar suppresses the invading cell's "mask" (MHC-1) resulting in increased NK cell targeting and immune system clearing.

Also, from a message board:
Avemar is recommended for patients suffering from malignant tumors as a supplement to clinical oncology treatment (surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, ... etc). Avemar supports other cancer treatments. Avemar is used to treat malignant tumors, immune system disorders and autoimmune diseases. Avemar may assist in the treatment of many cancers including breast, lung, prostate, colon, cervical cancer, melanoma, leukaemia.
Avemar aids, assists or helps in the maintenance or improvement of general well-being. May assist in improving the immune function. Helps boost the immune system. Acts as an antioxidant, has antioxidative effect. Free radical quencher.
The recommended serving is 1 sachet (17g) daily prepared as instructed, if possible, approximately 1 hour before a meal.

It's very expensive...$160.

kolowesi

avemar

Hi, Laurel,

I have a box of the older version in my fridge, I'd be happy to send it. I took it for a month, but it has fructose and seems to have made my bacterial overgrowth in the "gut" much worse.

The new version does not have fructose (or orange flavor), so is probably a much better idea for most of us.

I had high hopes, but will probably not invest the money to try it again. The vitamin C IV's help me and it costs a little less for one of those.

Let me know if you want mine, it's from last summer and has been refrigerated. I think most of us will have to take the non-flavored version though.

I don't know if it helped as I went downhill from trying to do physical therapy and crashed when I got to the bottom of the hill:eek:

There is also a thread on the HHV-6 forum, if you are up to looking for that. Maybe others here have tried it as well. Good luck!

Kelly

LaurelB

Thanks, Kelly. I'd love to try what you have left if you are sure you will not use it. I'm not supposed to have fructose either, though I dno't seem to notice a difference when I do. :) It might be nice just to try it. I'll send you a PM if that's okay. :)

Thanks for your reply, and hope you start to feel better soon!!

cfs since 1998

Avemar

I tried it about 3 months ago (I didn't buy it from Prohealth). Mine is the Ave orange flavored fructose version. I really like the research behind Avemar and wanted to keep taking it but had a few issues.

It seemed I just couldn't digest it. The package said you could eat an hour after taking it, but an hour later I could still feel it sitting in my stomach and not doing anything.

The other problem is that it gave me slight anxiety and insomnia, probably due to the B vitamins it contains.

Like Kelly I also have several unopened packets in my fridge.