• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autonomic dysfunction: A unifying multiple sclerosis theory, linking chronic cerebrospinal venous in

Enid

That's brilliant - thanks for posting est_sunshine - it certainly ties in with my own abnormal test results (inc brain MRI) including the Neurologist's strong suspicion of MS, viral in origin too (EBV from weak anti-smooth muscle antibodies). Such similar processes going on.

alex3619

Vit D3 is less certain in us, but there is strong evidence of EBV involvement, albeit in a variant way to most people. There is some chance that this model might apply to ME. It would require a lot of extra evidence though in order to show that, but then again its so new for MS that I doubt its been substantially tested yet - those studies are still in the future.

This article is behind a paywall so I have not read the full paper.