• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Austria: Michael Stingl

Yes.
He is very up to date, follows all the latest research. Also knowlegeable in treatment. Very thorough, takes you seriously.
Overall very positive experience.
However, he can be hard to reach, I dont know if he accepts any new patients.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I sometimes write him on Twitter when he tweets sth... He seems to be up to date and often writes back!

But he has never responded to @Push Fwd mail for having me as a new patient via telemedicine... Sadly.

I know a few of his patients from advocating. There is no magic pill he prescribes. They are not better than the average patient (mostly homebound).

mitoMAN

He is a very Good doctor but he has no treatments that are "special" or out of the box.
So it's good for diagnosis but that's about it.
He helped me get SFN diagnosed in a hospital and thus start IVIG with this new diagnosis.
So that's something I really appreciate.

mitoMAN

I sometimes write him on Twitter when he tweets sth... He seems to be up to date and often writes back!

But he has never responded to @Push Fwd mail for having me as a new patient via telemedicine... Sadly.

I know a few of his patients from advocating. There is no magic pill he prescribes. They are not better than the average patient (mostly homebound).
To be honest I don't think he could help you any further Martin. Abilify was just latest addition end of 2020.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

To be honest I don't think he could help you any further Martin. Abilify was just latest addition end of 2020.
You're right.
I think the biggest help consists of three things:

1. Ongoing biological research
2. The informed community - helping each other
3. A doc who does blood tests and is willing to prescribe what you want to try based on research and your lab results

My GP does that under paragraph 3. I think I wouldn't benefit too much from paying fancy fees for Chia or the like.

But if you're not capable of doing these things on your own you need a doc who is informed and prescribes you things based on research.

Hi @mitoMAN @Why_M.E. , do you know if Dr Stingl does consultations in English too? I'm based in Switzerland and I need some help! I think I've had ME/CFS for 10 years and I've started getting worse recently. Will he do all the tests I need? I haven't been able to find a doctor to help me figure this out.

Thanks both, I sent him an email just in case. I'm not sure if it's possible to find a doctor to help here, I'll keep looking...