• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ATP working well for me.

I should say, that after a prolonged period of well-being I lapsed on taking daily sublingual ATP, and recently went and reordered it. Now that I'm doing well, I notice when I take the subligual tablets I not only have good energy, but there's a noticeable improvement in sharpness of mind and better mood. Don't ask me why.

Does anyone know where to get injectable ATP in the United States? That Heel company won‘t ship to the US. :/ I’ve only found it at veterinary pharmacies but I‘m a little concerned about getting quality purified ATP if it’s meant for animals.

BenFromNZ

I should say, that after a prolonged period of well-being I lapsed on taking daily sublingual ATP, and recently went and reordered it. Now that I'm doing well, I notice when I take the subligual tablets I not only have good energy, but there's a noticeable improvement in sharpness of mind and better mood. Don't ask me why.

Are you saying that you get an added benefit from taking sublingual ATP whilst still doing the injectable version?

BenFromNZ

So I was going to buy some of the heel atp injections but when I looked into I discovered that they aren’t really ATP injections! They are homeopathy! (D200 dilution) I think this should be pointed out for anyone considering trying it. I’m not knocking it or saying it doesn’t have any effect, if you believe in energy medicine maybe it does something. But unless I’m missing something these shots don’t truly have ATP in them.

Hipsman

I can buy adenosine triphosphate disodium salt for injections in local pharmacy, would these work? This is what I can get https://tabletki.ua/uk/Натрия-аденозинтрифосфат-дарница/24221/

besides that I can most likely synthesize adenosine nanoparticles similar to these - https://doi.org/10.3390/pharmaceutics15071790

Would these nanoparticles be better for us? I think so as they would have longer half-life. I would appreciate if anyone researches more into this, otherwise I will do some research myself in month or two when I finish my project with dopamine nanoparticles.

ChrisD

It seems to be extremely hard to get hold of Swanson Peak ATP or Douglas Labs ATP20 or any other form of subingual ATP in the UK or europe.

I ordered some from the USA to UK and it still hasn't been dispatched after 2 weeks.

I had this experience myself, with a drug called Wellbutrin: the drug dramatically improved my ME/CFS the instant I started taking it, and for two weeks I became amazing free of brain fog, became very motivated, focused and energized, and I thought I had found my personal ticket out of ME/CFS.

Then on the third week, this drug just mysteriously stopped working, and no matter what I did, I could not get to work for me again. I looked into the biochemistry, but could never figure out why this happened.
I'd be inclined to think it was just a temporary increase in dopamine, and your body grew a tolerance to it after some time. Similarly with me and Adderall, the first couple times I took it, it was like I had no mental fatigue, but that effect wore off quickly as my brain readjusted. People often talk about how Wellbutrin is very similar to stimulants, in terms of increases in motivation, energy, mechanism, etc. My guess is it was just a very superficial masking of the energy symptom for you.

Hip

your body grew a tolerance to it after some time

Sure, but with most drugs that have a tolerance build up, the tolerance reverses after you stop taking the drug for some time. And then you can obtain the same beneficial effects when you restart the drug.

In the case of Wellbutrin, however, the tolerance build up and was irreversible. So the question is, by what biological mechanism can irreversible tolerance be created? I spent some time trying to find answers, but came up with nothing.

So the question is, by what biological mechanism can irreversible tolerance be created? I spent some time trying to find answers, but came up with nothing.
Maybe it's not irreversible, just takes so incredibly long that it might as well be. If you haven't already, maybe look into the tolerance mechanisms of psychedelics like psilocybin and LSD, where after a single dose it's not uncommon to not be able to feel effects for two weeks.

ChrisD

So far in my experiment with Swanson Peak ATP i.e. adenosine triphosphate disodium salt:- I consistently find that for the first hour or two that I don't feel anything.

But then I start to feel a nervous energy and my HR resting goes up from a comfortable 65-70bpm to 80-85bpm. But also my oxygen% goes from 94% to 98% and my perfusion index also optimises from 5% to near 20%.

However after about 5 hours I have quite a sheer energy drop off and become very exhausted and also struggle with sleep because of 80bpm resting HR.

So still working out if it's not the answer to add more ATP or if I need to optimise mito function too in conjunction.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I don't know where I read this but it said that, "Coenzyme A is formed from adenosine triphosphate, cysteine, and pantothenic acid."

Maybe those other things would help the ATP work better for you?

I've also read that Pantothenic acid can make one lose hair so I think I would maybe add a little biotin to counteract that. (I think I've also read though that Biotin can affect test results though so I would try to remember to go off of it before any blood tests.)