• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ATP test: 99,2%

Wishful

Not really, when you consider the extremely wide net that mitochondrial diseases cast, affecting endless different organ systems and tissues.

Widen that net even further, because mitochondrial function doesn't just depend on mtDNA, it also depends on nuclear DNA, since production of many proteins critical for mt function have been outsourced to the nucleus. Not only do the genes have to work correctly, they have to match up properly. You can have have a gene scan showing mtDNA and nuclear DNA both showing perfect function ... yet the mitochondria don't work well because it's the wrong match-up of perfect genes, and we don't yet know what matches are good.

The question on my mind is: will medical AI figure out how to figure out all the intricacies of human biology before AI out-evolves humanity? :rolleyes:

YippeeKi YOW !!

The question on my mind is: will medical AI figure out how to figure out all the intricacies of human biology before AI out-evolves humanity? :rolleyes:
:D:D :rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::_:_
My money's on AI spending its disposable time out-evolving us and eliminating a source of constant whining and nagging ... except that it's being created by, you know, humans..... so there's that .....

Wishful

... except that it's being created by, you know, humans..... so there's that .....

No, that doesn't actually help, since most of the AI creation will soon be done by AIs. Someone is sure to get lazy and let the AI determine AI morals and ethics. I don't have a problem with it. When the baby clock starts ticking, mom can choose to have an AI child instead of a human one, stick printouts of their kid's art class projects on the fridge, cry at their kid's merging (replacement for matrimony) ceremony. If human parents still have a desire for diaper changes and 2 AM feedings, I'm sure robotic babies can do all that, and make cute noises and faces too. Dealing with AI teenage angst might be just as bad as with human teens. Really, I don't see a fuss with AI evolution.

At least with an AI kid, you know they won't get ME. :)

I'd assume you'd have to deplete your reserve's before sending the blood, otherwise it's just showing that you're fine, when you're in bed.