• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Association of Arrhythmia in Patients with Cervical Spondylosis

sb4

@pattismith I have had my thyroid measured a few times, all normal apart from once it was hyperthyroid but that was when I was messing around with iodine and ketosis.

You have your thyroid tested?

pattismith

@pattismith I have had my thyroid measured a few times, all normal apart from once it was hyperthyroid but that was when I was messing around with iodine and ketosis.

You have your thyroid tested?
yes I got the result today, my freeT3 is high and my TSH is ….absent
Probably don't need to take iodine anymore...

pattismith

Yeah I would be interested in seeing if stopping iodine gets you into normal range. I think that is what happened to me but I can't say for sure.
yes, I'll be interested to see how my levels will go too!
The strange thing is that in my prior control, my FT3 was 2.82pg/ml on 16.07.19 (normal ranges 1.88-3.16).
(I was supplementing with iodine for a long time to reverse my low T3 syndrome.)
I thought that level was fine and I decided i could take less iodine.
Two days after, the 18.07.19, I had the session with the osteopath, and he decided that he would correct my deviated neck. 15 days after this session I started to feel the hyperthyroidism symptom. At first it was hot feelings in my feet (they are usually cold), then in my legs, etc.

I really wonder if my deviated neck had any link with my thyroid function..

sb4

@pattismith Yeah that is interesting, neck correction possibly correcting thyroid. Perhaps, inpart, it is due to the proximity of the thyroid to cervical spine. Maybe some meridian running to the thyroid was jammed???

Countrygirl

One more paper supporting a link between cervical spondylosis and hypertension.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...VyYO8FyG8YVl8AZCa_tYjszh59VkoQlbh-gxJDyIAgUb8
logo-medicine.gif

Medicine (Baltimore). 2015 Mar; 94(10): e618.
Published online 2015 Mar 13. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000000618
PMCID: PMC4602471
PMID: 25761188
Cervical Spondylosis and Hypertension
A Clinical Study of 2 Cases
Baogan Peng, MD, PhD, Xiaodong Pang, MD, PhD, Duanming Li, MD, and Hong Yang, MD
Monitoring Editor: Robert L. Barkin.
Author information Article notes Copyright and License information Disclaimer
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.

Go to:
Abstract
Cervical spondylosis and hypertension are all common diseases, but the relationship between them has never been studied. Patients with cervical spondylosis are often accompanied with vertigo. Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion is an effective method of treatment for cervical spondylosis with cervical vertigo that is unresponsive to conservative therapy. We report 2 patients of cervical spondylosis with concomitant cervical vertigo and hypertension who were treated successfully with anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. Stimulation of sympathetic nerve fibers in pathologically degenerative disc could produce sympathetic excitation, and induce a sympathetic reflex to cause cervical vertigo and hypertension. In addition, chronic neck pain could contribute to hypertension development through sympathetic arousal and failure of normal homeostatic pain regulatory mechanisms.

Cervical spondylosis may be one of the causes of secondary hypertension. Early treatment for resolution of symptoms of cervical spondylosis may have a beneficial impact on cardiovascular disease risk in patients with cervical spondylosis.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6292399/
I will add this paper as it is relevant to us:

J Pain Res. 2018; 11: 3129–3140.
Published online 2018 Dec 10. doi: 10.2147/JPR.S186878
PMCID: PMC6292399
PMID: 30573989
The link between idiopathic intracranial hypertension, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome: exploration of a shared pathophysiology
Mieke Hulens,1 Ricky Rasschaert,2 Greet Vansant,3 Ingeborg Stalmans,4,5 Frans Bruyninckx,6 andWim Dankaerts1
Author information Copyright and License information Disclaimer

Go to:
Purpose
Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IICH) is a condition characterized by raised intracranial pressure (ICP), and its diagnosis is established when the opening pressure measured during a lumbar puncture is elevated >20 cm H2O in nonobese patients or >25 cm H2O in obese patients. Papilledema is caused by forced filling of the optic nerve sheath with cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). Other common but underappreciated symptoms of IICH are neck pain, back pain, and radicular pain in the arms and legs resulting from associated increased spinal pressure and forced filling of the spinal nerves with CSF. Widespread pain and also several other characteristics of IICH share notable similarities with characteristics of fibromyalgia (FM) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), two overlapping chronic pain conditions. The aim of this review was to compare literature data regarding the characteristics of IICH, FM, and CFS and to link the shared data to an apparent underlying physiopathology, that is, increased ICP.
Methods

The shared characteristics of IICH, FM, and CFS that can be caused by increased ICP include headaches, fatigue, cognitive impairment, loss of gray matter, involvement of cranial nerves, and overload of the lymphatic olfactory pathway. Increased pressure in the spinal canal and in peripheral nerve root sheaths causes widespread pain, weakness in the arms and legs, walking difficulties (ataxia), and bladder, bowel, and sphincter symptoms. Additionally, IICH, FM, and CFS are frequently associated with sympathetic overactivity symptoms and obesity. These conditions share a strong female predominance and are frequently associated with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.
Conclusion
IICH, FM, and CFS share a large variety of symptoms that might all be explained by the same pathophysiology of increased cerebrospinal pressure.