• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Asia & Vaccines

Boba

Hello there, after reading a lot of stories from people with me I recognized that a certain percentage travelled to Asia and experience either food poisoning or another illness. However I thought that there could be another reason for this kind of travel to influence your immune system. Vaccines. I got 4 vaccines at once before my trip. Maybe this could be one reason why people come down with ME later on in their life? I have a lot of time to think about all kinds of stuff, so please excuse if this a stupid theory.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Don't feel "stupid" about any idea.

Someone at some point is going to come up with the key that solves this disease.

Plus, even if that is not the trigger for someone else, it may be where your ME started. You have to keep investigating for clues. That's what we all do here because we want so badly to get better.

Edit: And I should say posting them here may help someone else who also had the same trigger.

Last edited:

Pyrrhus

Dr. Chia said that, because I didn't wait the recommended 6-8 weeks after getting my travel vaccinations before I left for Asia, my immune system was probably weakened while I was in Asia, and that may have led to a worse response to the gastrointestinal illness I had in Asia. (which started my ME)

And it might not have been a good idea to receive 8 vaccinations at once, since vaccinations can interact with each other, just as any medications can interact with each other. Some vaccination combinations are synergistic, and increase the efficacy of each of the vaccines. But some vaccine combinations are antagonistic, and the efficacy of those vaccines are reduced by combining them. Plus, the impact on the immune system of receiving 8 vaccinations at once has not been studied.

hapl808

I don't recall getting a bunch of vaccinations before traveling to SE Asia many years ago. I did get extremely ill while I was there and that was an initial CFS trigger for me, but I don't think it was vaccine related (unless connected to childhood ones somehow). I do think it's worth examining all possible connections, but I think for me the actual illness was more likely the trigger.

lenora

It does seem like asking for trouble to have a lot of vaccinations at one time IF they can be spaced out so that the body can adjust to each.

Even today, most places won't vaccinate you if you've had a prior one within 2 weeks or so. Is this something new? I don't think so....but I may be wrong, and that's my mistake.

You can't even get the new double dose shingles vaccine until you've waited at least 2 weeks in between time. You're also asked if you've received another vaccination in that same time frame. Yes, it's a nuisance to keep going back and forth, but if we want to ensure the best health for ourselves and our families, the onus is on us. Yours, Lenora.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rufous McKinney

And it might not have been a good idea to receive 8 vaccinations at once

I"m continously surprised at the fact that people receive multiple vaccinations at once.

We read that simply receiving the COVID-19 vaccine will reduce our ability to fight off infections we might meet up with post vaccination.

This is how vaccine injuries happen. And Doctors should be trained to know such a basic thing.

Its like when my friend was sent to get 8 vaccinations to go to the local college- she has autoimmune disorders. No body cared.

Pyrrhus

I"m continously surprised at the fact that people receive multiple vaccinations at once.

We read that simply receiving the COVID-19 vaccine will reduce our ability to fight off infections we might meet up with post vaccination.

This is how vaccine injuries happen. And Doctors should be trained to know such a basic thing.

I actually asked that doctor, "Is it safe to get all these vaccinations at once?"

His response: "Oh, I do it all the time with all my patients!"

o_O