• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Asea

froufox

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here has heard of or has tried a product called Asea, particularly any of the USers? Its a liquid supplement that has been developed by an American company and it is supposed to help support your immune system, help with cell communication and boost the body's production of GSH, SOD and catalase by providing 'reactive molecules" (oxidants & reductants) to help balance the redox signalling in the body - which if it does as is claimed would fit it with what we need as per Cheney's theory.

One ME doctor told me that hes getting positive feedback from his colleagues in the US who are trying it out on their patients and finding that their chronic illnesses like CFS, arthritis and other chronic illnesseses are just "going away" ! So he decided to try it out on his own patients. I've not heard any positive feedback from him yet.

I've been on it a for a week now though and I'm certain that it is helping me - I wasnt sure at first as I was taking LDN at the same time but that was making me feel worse in some ways eg in my gut and it was also making me feel depressed which I didn't realise until I stopped taking it!! Since I stopped the LDN and just taking the Asea I've realised that Asea is definitely helping me. Yesterday morning not long after I took my morning dose I felt a sharp increase in mental concentration a much brighter mood and better energy thoughout most of the day although it had faded by evening time. Today Ive been quite adrenally fatigued and brainfogged but this afternoon I had a strange sudden burst of energy which I can only attribute to the Asea as I'm not doing anything else. I did have a weird reaction the first day I took it - got a headache and just felt strange - very sleepy and I got palpitations and didnt feel right at all, but I havent had that since. I wondered if it was some kind of detox effect.

Unfortunately its an MLM product and has a very glossy style promotion which is rather offputting but at the end of the day if it helps who cares!

Here are some links to various distributors websites - some of the testimonials sound quite interesting although most of them are from people who are healthy already tho others do have some health problems..

http://a2z.teamasea.com/science.aspx
http://aseahawaii.com/
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...&hl=en&sig=AHIEtbS7bbkVcXDhxI7FTN-zHH6pYpR2Yg

Anyway I'd love to know if anyone else has tried this, or if anyone does try it let me know how you get on with it. I'll keep you posted as to how I get on with it.

Wayne

Anyway I'd love to know if anyone else has tried this, or if anyone does try it let me know how you get on with it. I'll keep you posted as to how I get on with it.

Hi Froufox,

Thanks for sharing your experience with ASEA. I too would be interested whether you're continuing to take it, and continuing to notice improvements. I'm always very much interested in things that work well for others.

Best, Wayne

froufox

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I hadnt noticed that people had posted on this thread. As I recall the Asea did seem to help me a bit at first with energy, but then after that the benefits diminished and then i didnt notice much improvement from it at all. I only tried 2 bottles of the stuff though (lasting 2 months) and at the time it didnt seem worth it to order another one...who knows maybe it would have worked better if i had tried it for longer.

Also my doctor in the UK who was supplying it to me didnt always have it in stock anyway and by the time he did get some more bottles in stock, I had decided against puchasing another one.

I think the reason for this was that my doctor found it increasingly difficult to get hold of the stuff...in fact I think he was the only European supplier at the time, and then a few months later my doctor stopped selling it altogether as it wasnt financially viable for him to do so.

So I guess if u are based in the US u would be able to get hold of it more easily. As I say though I only took it for 2 months, who knows perhaps I would have gotten more benefits had I taken it for longer.

Hope that helps a bit, cheers.

Frou

Wayne

As I recall the Asea did seem to help me a bit at first with energy, but then after that the benefits diminished and then i didnt notice much improvement from it at all.

Hi Frou, thanks for the report. It sounds soooo familiar with the many things I've tried. Some of them seem to work quite well at first, but they then gradually lose their effectiveness (or so it seems). It then becomes a question of whether it makes economic sense to buy a high-priced product that gives a fraction of a percentage of improved functionality. It usually doesn't. I figure it's best to reserve my limited financial resources for things that might actually make a long-term difference.

if anyone's still on this thread, you need to take ASEA max dosage for a month, 2 bottles for 2 months isn't nearly enough. The dosage is one bottle per week for the first month, then you can keep the same dosage or halve it. Some people feel benefits immediately but some people take a few months so I'd suggest giving it a proper go.