• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

article on neurotransmitters

Jody

Kim told me I should post all my empowher articles since they all have to do with brain and nerves and could be relevant to people here. I already post all my cfs articles, and I've also started posting the ones on autism and aspergers as I know that some of you deal with these in your families.

This one is The Role of Neurotransmitters in Dementia

And no, I'm not insinuating that anybody here is demented. :D But it can be applied to alot of types of brain dysfunction which let's face it ... isn't unknown around here. :)

xchocoholic

In the cases of both Alzheimer's and vascular dementia, the neurotransmitters serotonin, norepinephrine and acetylcholine in particular, are dangerously reduced.

Jody,

Interesting article. Aren't serotonin, norepinephrine and acetylcholine all from aminos ? I don't know what other nutrients need to be in place for our bodies to produce or utilize these though.

I have a problem breaking proteins down to aminos so I wonder how many others do ....

Just one more deranged PWC here ... :rolleyes:

Jody

xchoc,

I tried to do a little research on your question but got completely bogged down in it, as everything seemed to require more knowledge than I have.

I'm pretty new to this area, and am learning as I go along. I suspect that you know more about it than I do. :)