• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

article on neurotransmitter acetylcholine

Sing

Aricept

Dear Jody,

I've been using 5 to 7.5 mg Aricept most nights before bed for going on two years, and it does help, with brain fog, "executive"/cognitive functions, and with dream recall. It helps keep acetylcholine in the system longer instead of breaking down quite so fast. I have no trouble stopping it and do if I start to be allergic to something (else), because it will amplify this. When the allergy blows over I can start again.

Having had ME/CFS for so long, I go ahead and try such symptomatic medications, to see if they will help, but I don't want to take anything harmful.

Have you heard anything about Aricept for the cognitive and memory troubles we have?

Cecelia

Jody

Cecelia,

I suspect you know more on this subject than I do. :)

I am only just learning as I go along, researching for articles. You have been reading up on all this longer than me.

I haven't come across anything specifically about Aricept but if I do I will pass it on to you.

Jody

liverock,

That sounds wonderful. :)

I know I feel better on Vitamin D. And I apparently need all the acetylcholine I can get. :)