• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Magic wand anyone?

Yes, I realize that many may think, "a business? I can't even get out of bed." I have been there. I understand it and know what it's like. I am lucky to be out of it NOW.

One never knows when it will come back, if it will come back. I am always aware of it and the fear is always right there.

ALWAYS.

Hi Spitfire. I also get much sicker when I have my period and I have never been able to take birth control pills. They make me so sick (like I have a horrible case of food poisoning). I am probably going to be getting a low dose hormone IUD soon. My doctor assured me that it would not make me sick. We'll see.

I definately understand the feeling of wanting to be successful and not being able to be. I have been working on a degree for about 20 years now. I take a class here and there when I can. I did graduate with a Paralegal degree at one time at the top of my class and was thinking of going on to be a lawyer. That never happened.

My sister happens to be the lawyer who took on Enron. Her law firm is the firm who found the Grandma Millie tapes. She bought a house a few years ago for 1.1 million. Imagine going out to dinner with that? Actually, I can't go to expensive restaurants because I cannot afford it. The last time my family got together she wanted to go to a very expensive restaurant and told my dad that she was tired of being "punished" because when I was around she could not go where she wanted to go. I see her once every 4 or 5 years.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I understand and sypathize with what you are going through.