• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Lannie at the Pacific Fatigue Lab: the Repeat Exercise Testing Pt II: the Te

I've obviously thought a lot about this. I think it all starts with Lyme, that crashed my immune system, and then the CFS viruses (HHV6 and EBV) infected my heart.

I think I was bit as a kid, probably after my first bout of chick pox, but before my second. You'll see in my preliminary results blog (that I just posted) they measured I have a really high pain threshold. I always had knee problems, and was sore but chaulked it up to athletics. Looking back I pushed through a lot, especially in my running days. But I just think my pain threshold kept me numb enough to it to think all's normal. But I had a bucketload of symptoms all my life - swollen lymph nodes, constant sinus infections, ear infections, nerve pain in my legs, chest pain, heart racing, extreme HR's during exertion, v low BP, seeing stars when I got up. I just didn't know any diferent... until I crashed at 30.

That is so interesting - you were able to push through it all your life - until you weren't. It sounds like some pathogen just erupted - like Borrelia ---I wonder how many people are like that - just this underground pathogen that erupts. Of course that's what AIDS is - HIV knocks down the immune system and its the other buggers that take over.