• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

[Article] Aug 2022 : c diff FMT treatment recommended by nice for NHS patients

godlovesatrier

hapl808

I'm still unclear why the FDA and now NHS only approve FMT for C Diff in the case of multiple recurrences treated unsuccessfully by antibiotics. FMT seems to have minimal risks and side effects compared to aggressive antibiotics. So the approach seems to be: let's use every technique we have to develop superbugs and if that's successful and we end up with antibiotic resistant bugs only then will we try FMT.

ruben

I did have FMT in 2015. As well as ME/CFS I do have significant gut problems of bloatedness and nausea. So IBS in other words. In actual fact my digestive symptoms are my biggest problem. The FMT sadly did nothing for these symptoms. And it was around £4000.!!!!