• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article about new potential treatment by Victoria Bohne, in Norwegian

Eirran

Vice Chairman Norwegian ME Association

Eirran

This is what the Norwegian ME Association knows about the medicine and what it is all about: Nothing!

Victoria is a scientist, she has a doctor's degree in fish nutrition and toxiology. Her thesis is called "Toxicokinetics and toxycodynamics of Dietary ethoxyquin in Atlantic salmon ( Salmo salar , L.) "
She also have a major in microbiology from the University of Bergen ( Norway ) and work experience with charcterisarion of genes, real-time PCR and vaccine development ( University of Bergen, Department of Microbiology and Immunology ) . In addition, she has 5 years of education in basic biological sciences, including cell biology, cytology and histology of Russia , as well as certificate , category C to work with animals."

She has on several occations talked about her and her husband's invention in our Facebook group for adults, but every time we tried to ask her about details about it, she always said she couldn't reveal anything, but she said that her preliminary results was far better than that of Fluge and Mella.

We will not speculate about what this medicine or supplement is about, but taking account of her scientific bakground, it is possible that it has something to do with antioxydants.

Eirran

mango

New article in Norwegian:
http://www.av-avis.no/magasin/ME-pa...aret-pa-Askoy-ha-funnet-redningen-523512.html

Google translated English version:
https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.av-avis.no/magasin/ME-pasienter-lever-et-liv-i-smertehelvete-AVictoria-kaller-det-tortur-ANa-kan-ekteparet-pa-Askoy-ha-funnet-redningen-523512.html&edit-text=

ETA: Quote by Saugstad (someone whose opinions and thoughts I personally value a lot)
article said:
Long way.
This fall Ola Didrik Saugstad, professor of paediatrics at Oslo University, traveled to visit Askøy. He had been told about the treatment method. Over the past twenty years he has worked extensively with ME patients. The last eight of them with the very sickest patients in the country.

- I went to Askøy because the treatment sounded intriguing. Having said that, I get many requests from people who believe they have found the cure for ME. And unfortunately I can't follow them all up, says Saugstad.

- But suddenly perhaps someone makes a hit. These are serious and capable people, so it was definitely worth a visit, he continued.

Ola Didrik Saugstad

Nevertheless, Saugstad points out that there is a long way from the stage the treatment method is at today, to when you could call it an established treatment. To verify such a treatment it needs to go through randomized studies where one group is given medication and another group placebo. The groups are divided by the drawing of lots. The person giving the treatments does not know who gets what.

That so many have gotten better could be a coincidence, that they have been in a good phase. But even if it takes several years to investigate this, it doesn't mean it can't look interesting or be worth pursuing, Saugstad explains.

Last edited:

Riley

Do any of our Norwegian members have any thoughts or insight about this? Heard any rumors ?@deleder2k

I think if they shared some more information, then it might be possible to crowd fund a trial.

RL_sparky

If they were for real you would think they would talk with Fluge & Mella about their "cure". They probably know more about this disease then anyone at this point. If these people found something that will make a difference then for the sake of those suffering, get on with it. As my old boss use to say, "put up or shut up".

deleder2k

Do any of our Norwegian members have any thoughts or insight about this? Heard any rumors ?@deleder2k

I think if they shared some more information, then it might be possible to crowd fund a trial.

I have no idea. She claimed that she had found something to relieve all ME symptoms based the "fact" that three patients improved. Perhaps she is into something, but I think it is very unprofessional to go out and state what she has before there has been conducted a study. Not the way to do it.

Eirran

I do not have any clue either but as I have said earlier her doctoral thesis is in the area of fish nutrition but she also has a degree in microbiology and has worked with PCR and development of vaccines so at this moment it is anybody's guess.

Hopefully we will know more spon

barbc56

She claims her discovery is better than Fluge and Mella. At least F and M seem to be forthcoming, at least as much as possible at this stage in the research.

This is her project goal:

Using new discovery of novel pathway in human body design, produce and distribute a novel treatment and diagnostics for CFS, SEID, ME.
:woot:

That doesn't even come close to a hypothesis.

Im calling snake oil until i see some kind of proof
I'll call your snake oil and raise it by three fish and gallon of bull poop.

Any updates?

I don't think we can even give her the benefit of the doubt without more details?

Helen

So, does any one have more information about what happened with this?
Could it be this product, called Peptide+, described as a salmon protein product developed at Haukland hospital? https://peptid.se/om-peptid/ . I just came across an advertisement after having read your post today. I hope I didn´t get it all wrong. Maybe we could get some help from a Norwegian to translate the most interesting parts from the homepage?

Edit: Could the following be a clue to why the product possibly could help PWME:
"I kroppen kan laxpeptiderna bland annat öppna GLUT4-porten som bidrar till att glukos omvandlas till energi i muskelcellerna (glykogenlager) istället för fett i fettcellerna."

Google translate:
"In the body, the salmon peptides can open the GLUT4 port, which helps to transform glucose into energy in the muscle cells (glycogen stock) instead of fat in the fat cells."

Last edited:

valentinelynx

She claims her discovery is better than Fluge and Mella. At least F and M seem to be forthcoming, at least as much as possible at this stage in the research.

This is her project goal:

:woot:

That doesn't even come close to a hypothesis.

I'll call your snake oil and raise it by three fish and gallon of bull poop.

Any updates?

I don't think we can even give her the benefit of the doubt without more details?

That "Project Goal" was posted on ResearchGate in September of 2016. Since then "0 updates." Did she fall off a cliff?

wastwater

GLUT4 is linked to a rare inherited disorder
Seems to link to FOXO1 (FKHR) as well

Last edited:

JES

Could it be this product, called Peptide+, described as a salmon protein product developed at Haukland hospital? https://peptid.se/om-peptid/ . I just came across an advertisement after having read your post today. I hope I didn´t get it all wrong. Maybe we could get some help from a Norwegian to translate the most interesting parts from the homepage?

Edit: Could the following be a clue to why the product possibly could help PWME:
"I kroppen kan laxpeptiderna bland annat öppna GLUT4-porten som bidrar till att glukos omvandlas till energi i muskelcellerna (glykogenlager) istället för fett i fettcellerna."

Google translate:
"In the body, the salmon peptides can open the GLUT4 port, which helps to transform glucose into energy in the muscle cells (glycogen stock) instead of fat in the fat cells."

Nice finding. I looked at the product under name peptid+ and all I could find was Swedish and Norwegian pages that wouldn't ship internationally. But then I found the page www.pepticin.com, which sells the same product, just under a different name. It seems they market it mostly for stomach ailments, CFS/ME isn't mentioned. But I took the plunge and ordered one month of supply.