• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Patient Returns: An Interview with Marth

It sure is nice to see someone recover. She just did it using very simple techniques and then she found that blood volume was a critical part of the equation for her. That won't return for everybody obviously but I think her comment that more people recover than we think is probably true....they just move on....

Several years later after being in apparently perfect health she did relapse during a period of stress. It was eerie hearing how she kind of stumbled back into that CFS world - it was a very familiar one - but she was able to recover again. Check out the next part of her story here.

I believe the salt and water helped alot. It's just that kind of protocol isn't always possible for some of us. My lyme arthritis is made a thousand times worse when I try that. That's why I can't take salt tablets. Any real fluid retention or too much salt and the lyme arthritis is unbearable, plus the salt makes my acid reflux worse. But I really believe that a good portion of CFIDS/ME is related to low blood volume and POTS.