• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Artesunate + immunoglobin + transfer factors

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Artesunate 2x 20mg twice a day,immunoglobin injections, not sure on the quantity of TF's
My doc here in the UK has advised me on this treatment following another positive blood test for EBV, anyone any experience of this combination? I have read the thread on Artesunate but would be interested in what people think of the other two.

Jenny

Hi Maryb

Would you mind saying which doc you are seeing - perhaps by PM? I've been wondering how to get virus testing done in the UK.

Many thanks.

Jenny

ukxmrv

I have had intravenous IG. It's had a long history for treatment by injection though in the UK. Dr Richardson used to use. For me IVIG had no good effects on my health that I could see. I had about 3 or 4 infusions

XMRV+

sarahg

Admin Assistant
I get IMIG (though right now I am taking a break for a month or so). It's the only thing I have ever found that can bring my cognitive function nearer to what it once was. It also has reduced my viral load significantly according to test results. I have more good days and less really scary days. Not a miracle drug by any means, and it doesn't help everyone, but it's probably helped me more than anything else I have tried. (allergic or bad reactions to just about everything) I eventually crash when I take breaks from it, but my Dr. is concerned that it is rough on my kidneys and might induce an autoimmune response if I take it continuously, so I think the plan is to take a break about every 5 months or so. I usually get 4 cc's of gamastan every 2 weeks.

Good luck, I hope it helps you.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thank you for your replies, I guess its a question of suck it and see like every other treatment to do with this illness, I'll let you know whether I think its been successful.