• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are endogenous depression and cfs close relatives?

frozenborderline

Diagnosed with ADHD at a young age, which finally impacted my school work in college. (Honor student in high school, D student at university.) Volunteer psychiatrist at Student Health first prescribed Ritalin, then Desoxyn when rebounding became a problem. I never would have made it through undergrad and grad school without it.

After becoming ill with ME/CFS/FMS and Lyme, standard stims were too much for my cardiovascular system. I'd be tachy and anxious for hours after even a low dose. What seemed to work better was low dose Strattera (atomoxetine). I'd take a 10mg capsule and divide it into four doses, one dose in the AM and another mid-afternoon if I had to use my brain that night LOL. I also tried modafinil which helped my afternoon sleepies until my orthodontist put me in the sleep lab because of my narrow airway and short jaws. Now that I use my CPAP faithfully each night for moderate hypopnea, afternoon sleepies are no more.

But in terms of being able to think more clearly at any time of the day, I wish I could still take drugs like these. The only thing my heart can tolerate now is low dose caffeine. Anything else feels like the inside of my chest is being used as a dog's chew toy.

OOOH!!! Tell us more, please, if you can. :)

Are you taking Ciproxifan?
i had that too... i would get worse side effects and insomnia from ritalin, even tho before I got lyme it almost made me relaxed

frozenborderline

Diagnosed with ADHD at a young age, which finally impacted my school work in college. (Honor student in high school, D student at university.) Volunteer psychiatrist at Student Health first prescribed Ritalin, then Desoxyn when rebounding became a problem. I never would have made it through undergrad and grad school without it.

After becoming ill with ME/CFS/FMS and Lyme, standard stims were too much for my cardiovascular system. I'd be tachy and anxious for hours after even a low dose. What seemed to work better was low dose Strattera (atomoxetine). I'd take a 10mg capsule and divide it into four doses, one dose in the AM and another mid-afternoon if I had to use my brain that night LOL. I also tried modafinil which helped my afternoon sleepies until my orthodontist put me in the sleep lab because of my narrow airway and short jaws. Now that I use my CPAP faithfully each night for moderate hypopnea, afternoon sleepies are no more.

But in terms of being able to think more clearly at any time of the day, I wish I could still take drugs like these. The only thing my heart can tolerate now is low dose caffeine. Anything else feels like the inside of my chest is being used as a dog's chew toy.

OOOH!!! Tell us more, please, if you can. :)

Are you taking Ciproxifan?
I actually had the exact same phenomenon where drums worked great for my adhd and then post lyme I started reactinng badly toward them. I have a few theories about why.