• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

April 24 '10 - Dr. A Komaroff ME/CFS FMS lecture; Dr. D Bell planned for fall

leelaplay

Tate Mitchell posted this to co-cure today.

April 24 - Dr. Anthony Komaroff lecture

From the Massachusetts CFIDS/ME & FM Association)

We are delighted to announce that Massachusetts CFIDS/ME & FM Association will be sponsoring the first of our new series of lectures and public meetings. Dr. Anthony Komaroff will be the kick off speaker for us on Saturday, April 24, at 2 PM. This page will be updated after Feb. 23 with location information.

As some of you may recall, in past years Dr. Anthony Komaroff was an informative and popular speaker who annually reviewed the state of CFIDS research and clinical findings. We are delighted to welcome him back for the first lecture of our 25th anniversary year!

Dr. Komaroff is Professor of Medicine at the Harvard Medical School and head of Harvard Health Publications. He has followed the scientific efforts to understand chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS, also known as ME or myalgic
encephalopathy, or CFS) for many years and will be updating us all on the state of the field.

Earlier that same afternoon, at 1 PM, we will be honoring Bonnie Gorman, RN, one of the founders of our association, as we recognize our 25th anniversary! We also will be honoring some of our senior volunteers who have kept us going for all these years.

So please, if you can, come early to help us recognize those people who have been helping you and to informally chat with the current Board of Directors.

We are planning the second in the lecture series which will be in the early fall. Dr. David Bell will be joining us in what we hope to be a panel discussion of CFIDS/ME in children and adolescents. There are new international criteria for diagnosis and treatment and recognition that the illness has different characteristics in these age groups. As this second lecture/panel takes shape we will keep you informed

oerganix

Komaroff/Bell on ME/CFS

Thanks for this. Hope you'll bump it up before the time comes.

leelaplay

Thanks for this. Hope you'll bump it up before the time comes.

Hi oerganix. A reminder is a good idea. I have nothing to do with the event - just saw a post for it on co-cure and shared it here. After reading your post, I went and added it to the events calender, which I hadn't thought of. The calendar seems to be something I never think of checking. I clicked the button to ask for a reminder 3 days before - we'll see how that works.

oerganix

Hi oerganix. A reminder is a good idea. I have nothing to do with the event - just saw a post for it on co-cure and shared it here. After reading your post, I went and added it to the events calender, which I hadn't thought of. The calendar seems to be something I never think of checking. I clicked the button to ask for a reminder 3 days before - we'll see how that works.

Thanks islandfinn. I wasn't even aware of the events calendar, so now I've learned something new.