• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Apha-Stim SCS

*GG*

I saw this brochure in my Drs office the other day and was wondering if anyone else used it?

www.alpha-stim.com

Supposed to help with anxiety, insomnia and depression, "relax" the mind?

cost 500 dollars

KC22

alpha-stim

It is funny you brought this topic up today. I just went to Michigan to see Dr. Lerner with someone else who is sick. She had an alpha-stim in the car with her. She uses it twice a day. Her husband drove us and she used while we were driving.

She says it has helped enormously with her anxiety, depression and even with her pain. She said she used to take xanax everyday, and has cut it back a lot with this alpha-stim.

I am going to check into it. She said she bought hers used. I looked online and they were fairly expensive.

It sounds interesting to me...

Wayne

Alpha-Stim 100

Hi KC & GG, (Hope it's OK for me to abbreviate your names).

Though I'd give you a link (http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?p=1443&highlight=Wayne+alpha#post1443) that will take you to a discussion I was having with chronicallyfatigued regarding my experience with the alpha-stim.

I continue to use my alpha-stim everyday (2-3 times), and find it to be very helpful. Before discovering it, I had contemplated going back on clonazepam (a benzodiazapine drug) to try to settle down some of the hyperactivity (probably excessive neuronal firing) in my brain.

I've been able to forestall this idea of going back on clonazepam (generic klonopin) since starting the alpha-stim. I'm grateful because I did not like some of the "stupor" side effects from clonazepam.

Let me know if you have any questions about the alpha stim. I got mine refurbished with a warranty for around $500 or so.

Best, Wayne

KC22

Wayne..

Thanks for the link.. I read it all and it sounds like one would have to play with it awhile to get what works for your body. My friend also uses twice a day, I think she said 30 minutes.

She can't imagine not doing it... It amazes me because I have known several years now and this is the best she has been doing regarding her anxiety, and depression issues.

If I get one, I may have more questions for you. Your link did help explain how to begin working with it; I believe you said 1.5 for 20 minutes. That at least is a place to start...

Thanks!!!

klutzo

Alpha-Stim

FYI: I have FMS/CFS/LYME and my husband has painfully sore muscles from doing hard physical work for the last forty years. We did not have the positive experience some here have had.

My husband and I rented the most expensive Alpha-Stim with the payments going toward purchase. We both used it at least once daily for over two months with no results. I called for support help several times to make sure we were using it right and we were.

Unless you can sit around holding the stim wands on your body in various contorted positions you will need to use the electrode patches. We have to get things done and could not just sit and do nothing for long periods, so we used wands only a few times weekly. The cost of replacing electrode patches all the time is quite a bit, esp. for hairy people like my hubby, and that is a permanently repeating cost the owner must bear. One patch only lasts for 3 uses max.

We sent it back, but we had already lost a lot of money.

klutzo