• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone with crazy muscle fatigue in my jaw muscles that comes and goes?.

ChookityPop

I have gotten this a few times the last year. But a long time in between each episode.

I have had it on and off for a few days, so I have to hang up the phone and shut up. It feels like lactic acid buildup in my jaw muscles. But Idk, I am super bad at describing symptoms. But I just have to stop talking.

Anyone have this?

Last edited:
Oh, yes!
There are a lot of muscles in our face, and they tire just as easy as any other muscles.
For my, light can be a trigger, because it strain my eyes, and when I 'm constantly blinking my eyelids because of the light and dry eyes, the muscles tens and get exhausted.
And it often ends up with trouble with chewing and swallowing and talking. It's like a spiral, the one thing leads to another.

ChookityPop

Oh, yes!
There are a lot of muscles in our face, and they tire just as easy as any other muscles.
For my, light can be a trigger, because it strain my eyes, and when I 'm constantly blinking my eyelids because of the light and dry eyes, the muscles tens and get exhausted.
And it often ends up with trouble with chewing and swallowing and talking. It's like a spiral, the one thing leads to another.

Have you found something that works?

My eyes get strainy too, but its worse in the winter since its dark all the time. The summer is a lot better.

I have a pair of prism glasses that I use when Im on my macbook etc. I have very light stigmatism/exofori. Do you have anything like that?

Have you found something that works?

My eyes get strainy too, but its worse in the winter since its dark all the time. The summer is a lot better.

I have a pair of prism glasses that I use when Im on my macbook etc. I have very light stigmatism/exofori. Do you have anything like that?
First of all; rest. When muscles start making lactic acid, you have overdone it.

I am cross eyed, very. All my glasses have prisms. And both my eyes also have astigmatism. I also have glasses with blue light filters, both sunglasses and day glasses(they are yellowish). For me, the light in the winter is awful, because it's so white. I live in Norway, and in a place with snow 6 months a year. White snow and white sky is really straining. So outside I always have to wear my sunglasses with filters (they are brown + yellow blue light filter).

Last edited:
I get this. Sometimes I just can’t say hard words, sometimes I sound drunk. I have severe TMJ though, so it’s difficult to know if it’s TMJ related or CFS related.
I also have difficulty with speaking, I sound drunk and hoarse. I choke when I swallow weekly, the more fatigued my muscles in my face, the worse the speaking, swallowing, chewing and my eyes are.