• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone use NTFactor?

Cheesus

That is interesting, @Sidereal.

If glutathione is needed to protect these NT Factor phosphoglycolipids from peroxidation, perhaps glutathione supplementation as well as supplements like undenatured whey protein and N-acetyl-cysteine which raise intracellular glutathione would be a good thing to take alongside NT Factor.

I am currently taking Q10 200 mg, astaxanthin 12 mg, vitamin E 400 mg, grape seed extract 500 mg and N-acetyl-carnitine 500 mg as my antioxidants alongside NT Factor, but perhaps intracellular glutathione boosting is more important when it comes to quenching the reactive oxygen species created by mitochondria.

I was trying to find a good article on the best set of antioxidant supplements to take to protect against reactive oxygen species generated by mitochondria, but could not find one.

Yes, very interesting indeed! I had to back off the NT Factor as a week in I woke up with a black fog hanging over me that was somewhere between depression and heavy limbs. I stopped taking it and I was fine the next day. I aim to recommence once I have seen my functional MD.

Vegas

I am wondering about this too. I have been taking the NT Factor for a week now and I am experiencing a definite increase in brain fog. It could of course be a coincidence.

By the way, here's an old post from Rich on the matter:

Recently, @Vegas has talked about phospholipid supplementation on the resistant starch thread. I'm tagging him in case he'd like to comment.

I don't have time to write in detail, but I wanted to suggest that I believe one of the principal benefits of some forms of RS is providing accessible phosphate that will be incorporated by Bifidobacterial strains to synthesize phospholipids. I'm all about making bacteria work for me.

roxie60

I have not proof but wonder if there is a relationship between my brain fog reaction and P5P. Just received the Propax Gold with ntfactor. It has P5P so I am concerned. Also the container us huge so I am worried the oills must be huge. I gave triuble swallow ing large pills. There is only 60 packages byt the container is nearly a foot tall. I ttoughf I was gettinv a piwdef to add to my green drink not more pills. Not sure I want to open.

Anyone use Propax gold? Can you tell me if if is just pills in a package ir a powder.

godlovesatrier

Has anyone experienced dysautonomia flare (dizziness weakness fatigue) due to nt factor? I've been taking it for about a week and I've noticed it does give me a lot of energy. At the same time that worries me as anything that gives me energy which is not an immune modulator generally causes exacerbation of my ME.

In this case I almost fainted the other day and am now suffering from vastly worsened symptoms with terrible fatigue. Also I feel tired all the time but when I go to sleep I wake up or am half awake all the time.

Going to drop the nt factor hopefully my adrenals will recover. Prior to the fainting episode I felt pretty good I think all that progress is lost now. Very frustrating.

Glad I tried it tho. Been on my to-do list for years.

Last edited: